Originally Posted by ben willis
I remember when I joined about 2006. The site was loaded with talent. From Al David who played guitar for the Earnest Tubb band to Mike Caro (Sub) who played bass on a Madonna cut and a Michael Jackson cut to Mike Dunbar from Nashville who played for Willie Nelson and so many others. I know Mike is still playing in Nashville.

I know Sub is still playing at clubs in Staten Island and Mike is still at it in Nashville. So many others who used pseudonyms that we'll never know. I asked Mike why he left. He said because of the negativity. Some challenged his knowledge of the music business and he didn't really need the aggravation. Those guys were gems.

Hi Ben!

Al David here. It was quite an honor to be mentioned in your post. Thank you so much for the kindness. I'm back, under the name of Two Singers. I've been absent for several years but have recently returned. Went through 8 months of chemo (5-year survivor!!!), a brutal divorce and my present wife's precarious health - almost died three times since last November. I currently live in Northern Alabama - no longer in my hometown of St. Louis.

I played several gigs with Ernest Tubb as his lead guitarist but was never an official member of his band, The Texas Trubadours. But I was offered the job. Couldn't accept it because I was in the Army at the time. But, it was quite a professional feather in my cap, for sure!, Just wanted to clear the air on that!

Hope you are well. Wishing you the very best ...

Al