Originally Posted by MidniteBob
Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
One of his quotes--well McCartney said "they" would literally say--- "Let's go write us a swimming pool" Love that
I've always loved that quote too, John. A little ironic though, wouldn't ya say, that one of them, while sitting at his $50,000 white grand piano, later wrote the line "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can?".....Which is, in my very humble opinion, the most hypocritical and judgemental line ever written in a song. Midnite
It is hypocritical, but I think he's writing from average mans perspective, you have to when a filthy rich rock star. What do you write about when you are filthy rich? "I hope my new rolls comes fully assembled". "I'm going to fire both my maids" But then again, everybody is hypocritical.

Don't poor people criticize rich people? They say things like money don't buy happiness. But they still run out and buy lottery tickets every week. People who say they have total faith in God, still look both ways when they cross the street....

And just about every rock star you can think of started out saying it's all about the music, but suddenly they find great success, and money starts rolling in, they change that stance.

I recently read something about all the trump bashers on tv, every tv variety show bashes him, and they say that bashing trump is profitable. If trump could promise Seth Meyers better ratings and a earlier time slot, I'm guessing Seth would be on board and tone it down a lot.

Nobody is what they truly say they are or even think they are. Our brains are great at changing its tune based as we go along. I think imagine is a fantasy look at a utopian world. It's kind of like the Brady Bunch, it's not how it is, but maybe, how it could be!

Last edited by Trentb; 03/06/17 02:02 PM.