Originally Posted by MidniteBob
Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
One of his quotes--well McCartney said "they" would literally say---

"Let's go write us a swimming pool"

Love that

I've always loved that quote too, John. A little ironic though, wouldn't ya say, that one of them, while sitting at his $50,000 white grand piano, later wrote the line "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can?".....Which is, in my very humble opinion, the most hypocritical and judgemental line ever written in a song.

Midnite

He simply set the stage for the myriad of limousine liberals who followed him. Al Gore, who flew private jets to his 6 existing mansions, each which used 6-14 times more power than the average single family home, and who built a giant mansion right on the beach where he stated as fact that would be underwater by now. It's the same old "do as I say, not as I do" we get from the ruling class. (On both sides, simply over different issues). Though Lennon was only ruminating about a potentially different/better world, whereas the likes of Gore and the other famous entertainment people who flog the same opinions, really wanted to mandate a scam of selling carbon offsets on a new stockmarket like system where they'd cash in on this artificial resource that cost them nothing, but took other people's money to navigate his intended government mandates forcing every company and individual to play ball, giving them control of all industry. So though Lennon was certain a hypocrit, he wasn't as bad as what it is now with all these clueless actors and singers telling us how we should live while they violate their supposed principles with every breath.

Brian

PS: Not trying to lure you into a political discussion, no need to respond. I agree 100% with your point.

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney