I'm not asserting there are no politics in awards, nor that Dylan wrote some protest songs

I just get rankled by the fact this is a songwriters site and we should all be happy a songwriter, a legendary songwriter, a songwriter with a lengthy career and a songbook of truly outstanding songs that touched more than one generation won a Nobel for his life's work...

....and he is being denied his due because some ( many?????) folks who do not like his political convictions, pointing directly at some of his classic works that actually influenced people AND historical events AND generations...and go on to dismiss the entire process as not worthy of thought because it is political.

As for "the award process" is political...well duhhh ...ALMOST EVERYTHING that involves multiple preferences and opinions is political in life. Do we negate all things that come as a consequence of a political process just because they were arbitrated through a political process??

Do we now say ALL previous Nobel prizes are inconsequential, all Presidential Medals are inconsequential, all awards of any kind are inconsequential...just because they came through some political process where people put forth their personal choices, lobbied for them, fought for them etc until a group concensus was achieved??

What about any kind of institution or enterprise? Rife with politics. Do we now dismiss landing a man on the moon because it was the result of a political process...on a government scale, in committees, in choosing Armstrong to be the first man to set foot on the moon...??

Or is it because you think the politics in this instance are "left wing" and therefore tainted...oh yeah, that was it. It's because Dylan is a left wing, almost communist and the Nobel selection committee only likes those kinds of people.

If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop