There is but one true God, but man has invented many gods. Man must have something to look up to, to worship. We even make rock stars or sports heroes our gods. We make them out of stone or precious metals, even flesh and bone. The one true God is invisible, seems we can't believe unless we can see. So God sent His Son Jesus Christ so we could see, but He told man that they were sinners, they didn't like that so they crucified Him. Man don't like the truth unless it lines up with man's definition of truth.

Ray, you are right to a point, we are all sinners, we live in a fallen world where the Devil and his demons have full access to us, urging us to reject God because he wants to be god. God knows we have no hope of ever making it on our own, that is why He sent Jesus to die in our place, to pay for our sins that we could never pay for, that part of God's plan is now complete, all we have to do is accept God's plan and believe that Jesus is God's Son and that His sacrifice has paid for our sins, once you do that, you are saved from the consequences of your sins. God has made it so easy for us, still man will not accept, preferring to continue in sinful ways that lead to final destruction.

By the way Barry, Jesus made all that was made. You can pray to God but I'd advise doing it through His Son Jesus. No man can come unto the Father unless he comes through the Son, and no man can come to the Son unless called by the Holy Spirit. He who tries to climb up any other way is a robber and a thief. Barry, the Jewish people are still God's chosen people. Yes they made some mistakes along the way and didn't do what God wanted them to do, but God doesn't go back on His word. He made a covenant with Abraham, the father of the Jewish nation, and God will not break that covenant. The Jews were suppose to take the Gospel to the Gentiles but did not, they also worshipped false gods, they have been punished as no other nation on earth, but God still loves them, and He will save a remnant, and protect the rest through the tribulations.

I judge no one, except by the word, I am a sinner like the rest of you, only difference is I am saved by grace, because I believe and trust in God's word. I try my best to obey God's law, but I fail at times, but I know my failures are already paid for, I just have to acknowledge them and He is faithful and just to forgive them.

Any mistakes in the bible are trivial, usually through translating errors going from Greek to English. Man is fallible but God is not. Some religious groups (usually cults) have made changes in their bibles to suit their false doctrine. They are playing a dangerous game.

I don't want to appear Holier than thou, I learned the truth the hard way, though never a great sinner, I was still a sinner. When I started studying the bible I realized I was a sinner and only the blood of Jesus could erase that sin. I was a sinner but I was no fool, I did what the bible said I must do to be born again. Read John's gospel chapter three. Jesus made it very plain that we must be born again, born from above, born of the Spirit. Study, (don't just read), the word, your eternity depends on it.