One cannot behave like the end of times is imminent. If you believe in the "idea", then that is fine...you believe it will happen but the timing is entirely out of your hands. You can try to pinpoint "when", and even obsess about it, but it only leads to dysfunctional behaviour we have all seen played out time and again...in fact I read an article that ISIS is actually trying to consciously script "the end of times" in their behaviour

I bought into the market during the second day of the drop...grabbing a nice yield of close to 8%. It is a company I had my eyes on for some time (its only business is royalty based financing) and when it dropped, I acted. So I don't care if it drops a bit more (it has actually rebounded nicely) because I will get an on going monthly dividend of almost 8% (annualized).

If you only think about end of times, you base all your decisions on its inevitability...so why invest? I happen to think all our best results as mankind come about because of hope, curiosity, forward thinking, ...and that if things go sour, we also have a tremendous capacity to cope.

As far as Ms Davis goes, my take is that a thrice divorced four times married individual has absolutely no moral authority to dictate anything in the area of personal relationships and marriage. Even if she had not been divorced, I would have agreed with the judge's decision to send her to jail.

My argument goes along these lines.

If, as a Christian, you use the Bible and what you believe is the Word of God to judge anyone, you are on very shaky ground. For one, the Bible is full of contradiction and anachronisms. We do not stone people or pluck out eyes anymore, and Jesus himself was well known for forgiving sinners. Christians believe he died on the cross for our sins and believe our God is a forgiving God.

We also know that as humans, we are fallible creatures...prone to pettiness, vindictiveness, acting rashly and without understanding...

So who are we to judge? Why not trust in God to do what God will do in these circumstances? Who are we to take the judgement out of God's hands?

Why not embrace them as fellow human beings, forgive them if we BELIEVE they have sinned, and leave everything up to God?

Or is your faith so shallow that you think that God will not do what you BELIEVE God will do? Or are you so arrogant to believe that you should be cop, judge and jury in cases where you BELIEVE someone crossed the line?

And what business is it of mine\yours anyway?

If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop