Who's Online Now
7 members (Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, texritter, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, Fdemetrio), 38,494 guests, and 5,842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Register Today!
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.

By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
What's Going On
Audio Network
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 07:18 AM
Audio Network, Sydney
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 07:17 AM
Audio Network
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 07:16 AM
Nothing For Breakfast, Italy
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 07:01 AM
Landing, Portsmouth OH
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:30 AM
Billy's Top 5(awesome)
by bennash - 10/08/26 01:20 AM
Jorma Kaukenen, San Francisco
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:12 AM
Joan Baez, at The Masonic
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:07 AM
Mark Bryan
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 12:55 AM
Asphodel Ivory
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:58 PM
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
Shapes The Band
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 10:53 PM
Shapes The Band, Toronto
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 10:51 PM
THEY GOOFED AGAIN
by Sunset Poet - 10/07/26 06:02 PM
David Guetta
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/06/26 09:46 PM
Coffee To Go
by Rob B. - 10/06/26 02:04 PM
Infinite Hills Productions, Bellevue KY
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/05/26 11:34 PM
Schaffer Brothers Band, Grand Junction CO
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/05/26 10:43 PM
Do Nothing
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/05/26 10:21 PM
Johnny Marr, London
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/05/26 09:30 PM
Andrea von Kampen, Boulder
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/05/26 08:47 PM
John Fellner, London, Ontario
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/05/26 03:34 PM
Just Another Copyright Lawsuit...
by bennash - 10/05/26 12:01 PM
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
Parmount Theater Ashland
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/04/26 12:37 AM
Post Sex Nachos
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/03/26 11:52 PM
Yungchen Lhamo, Tibetan, Manhattan
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/03/26 09:59 PM
Sugarbeats! Kel's Tavern, Ashland KY
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/03/26 03:35 PM
Barnably Bright, The Cutting Room
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/03/26 12:28 AM
Kasador, Kingston, Ontario
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/02/26 11:32 PM
Top Posters
Calvin 19,858
Travis david 12,380
Kevin Emmrich 10,943
Jean Bullock 10,330
Kaley Willow 10,240
Two Singers 9,649
Joice Marie 9,186
Fdemetrio 9,137
Mackie H. 9,003
glynda 8,688
Mike Dunbar 8,574
Tricia Baker 8,318
couchgrouch 8,240
Colin Ward 7,911
Corey 7,357
Sunset Poet 7,155
Vicarn 6,916
Mark Kaufman 6,589
ben willis 6,114
Lynn Orloff 5,788
Louis 5,725
Linda Sings 5,608
KimberlyinNC 5,210
Neil Cotton 4,909
Derek Hines 4,893
DonnaMarilyn 4,700
bennash 4,574
Blake Hill 4,528
Bob Cushing 4,389
Roy Cooper 4,303
MFB III 4,237
Bill Osofsky 4,199
Tom Shea 4,195
Cindy Miller 4,178
TamsNumber4 4,172
nightengale 4,096
E Swartz 4,029
beechnut79 3,878
Caroline 3,865
Kolstad 3,845
Dan Sullivan 3,710
Dottie 3,427
joewatt 3,411
Bill Cooper 3,279
John Hoffman 3,199
Skip Johnson 3,027
Pam Hurley 3,007
Terry G 3,005
PopTodd 2,901
Nigel Quin 2,891
Harriet Ames 2,870
MidniteBob 2,764
Nelson 2,616
Tom Tracy 2,558
Jerry Jakala 2,524
Al Alvarez 2,499
Eric Thome 2,448
Hummingbird 2,401
Stan Loh 2,263
Sam Wilson 2,247
Wendy D 2,236
Judy Hollier 2,232
Erica Ellis 2,202
maccharles 2,134
TrumanCoyote 2,096
Marty Helly 2,041
Rob B. 2,033
DukeWill 2,009
floyd jane 1,985
Clint Anglin 1,904
cindyrella 1,888
David Wright 1,866
Clairejeanne 1,851
Cindy LaRosa 1,824
Ronald Boyt 1,675
Iggy 1,653
VNORTH2 1,652
Noel Downs 1,633
Rick Heenan 1,608
Cal 1,574
GocartMoz 1,559
Bill Draper 1,556
Jack Swain 1,554
Pete Larsen 1,537
Ann Tygart 1,529
Tom Breshers 1,487
RogerS 1,481
Tom Franz 1,479
David Gill 1,462
IronKnee 1,455
Chuck Crowe 1,441
Ralph Blight 1,440
Rick Norton 1,435
Kenneth Cade 1,429
Deej56 1,419
bholt 1,411
Letha Allen 1,409
in2piano 1,404
Stan Simons 1,402
mattbanx 1,384
Jen Shaner 1,373
Charlie Wong 1,347
KevinP 1,324
Vondelle 1,316
Tom W. 1,313
Jan Petter 1,301
scottandrew 1,294
lane1777 1,280
Gerry 1,280
DakLander 1,265
PeteG 1,242
Ian Ferrin 1,235
Glen King 1,214
IdeaGuy 1,209
AaronAuthier 1,177
summeoyo 1,174
ckiphen 1,162
Diane Ewing 1,162
joro 1,082
BobbyJoe 1,075
S.DEE 1,040
yann 1,037
9ne 1,035
WesRyan 1,018
Tony A 1,016
argo 986
peaden 984
90 dB 964
Wolvman 960
Jak Kelly 912
krtinberg 890
Petra 883
RJC 845
Brenda152 840
Nadia 829
ant 798
Juan 797
TKO 784
Dayson 781
frahmes 781
teletwang 762
Irwin 755
Andy Kemp 751
Andy K 750
tbryson 737
Jackie444 731
Pat Hardy 704
3daveyO3 704
Dixie 701
Joy Boy 695
Knute 686
Moosesong 679
Lee Arten 678
Katziis 652
R.T.MOORE 638
quality 637
CG King 622
douglas 621
R&M 614
Mel 614
NaomiSue 601
Shandy 590
Ria 587
TAMERA64 583
qbaum 570
nitepiano 566
pRISCILLA 556
Tink2 553
musica 539
BB Wilbur 529
deanbell 528
RobertK 527
BonzaiWag 523
Roderic 522
goodfolks 499
Zeek 487
Stu 486
Steve P. 481
KathyW 462
allenb 459
MaxG 458
Philjo 454
fanito 448
trush48 448
dmk 442
Rob L 439
arealrush 437
DGR 436
avweek 435
Stephen D 433
Emmy 431
marquez 422
kit 419
Softkrome 417
kyrksongs 415
RRon 408
Laura G. 407
VNORTH 407
Debra 407
eb 406
cuebald 399
EdPerrone 399
Dannyk1 395
Hobart 395
ddreuter 394
Davyboy49 393
Smile 389
GJShades 387
Alek 386
Ezt 384
tone 380
Marla 380
Ann_F 379
iggyiggy 378
coalminer 377
java 374
spidey 371
sweetsong 370
danny 367
Jim Ryan 360
papaG 353
Z - man 350
JamesDF5 348
John K 348
Jaden 344
TheBaz 340
Steggy 339
leif 339
tonedeaf 336
rickwork 334
Eddie Ray 332
Johnboy 328
Bob Lever 328
Helicon1 327
lucian 326
Muskie 321
kc 319
Z. Mulls 318
ptondreau 313
ONOFFON 312
Chris B. 310
trush 304
ed323 297
Ellen M 294
markus-ky 294
lizzorn 291
nicnac49 290
Char 286
ktunes 285
Top Likes Received
bennash 146
Fdemetrio 101
Rob B. 100
VNORTH2 68
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
OP Offline
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219

Well, Dave Rice if you are out there man, I just woke up under a Joshua tree in the desert, and had some rattlenake for breakfast, then I looked up at the sky, and pulled my old Taylor out the back of the truck and got out my cassette player and wrote this here song for the Forum, man. An anthem for the people.

I will keep on driving across the desert now, looking for my lost sense of humor in this dry, lonesome place, but I hope to see everybody on the other side. I think I see water about twenty miles away.

https://www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder/song/29203880-just-plain-folks

https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel/just-plain-folks

Just Plain Folks
By David Snyder

V1

And now that my days
At the forum are done
And I never got a chance to sing
The song that wasn’t sung
I have wonder about those things
I might have done wrong
And how to live my life next time
To write a better song
And how to live my life next time
To write a better song, cause

CH:

We’re just plain folks
It’s all that we can be
We shouldn’t cut one another’s throats
Cause it’s just not neighborly, and it ain’t me
And I shouldn’t put my ego out
For all the world to see
Cause then I’ll start fight a fight and someone will surely come for me
Oh darling can’t you see
It’s all about the good folks, and the plain folks and the old folks
And the young folks, and the smart folks, and the dumb folks
And the downright ordinary down to earth folks
Sometimes you have to forgive and forget
Just as long as you still see
It’s all about the plain folks, and honey…it ain’t nothing…
It ain’t nothing, it’ ain’t nothing
About me

Bridge:

And you might not like how I do things
But sometimes I gotta let it out
I was born so country girl
Sometimes I just gotta shout, ‘cause
(go ahead and sing it son, tell him the King sent ya)

CH:

We’re just plain folks
It’s all that we can be
We shouldn’t cut one another’s throats
Cause it’s just not neighborly, and it ain’t me
And I shouldn’t put my ego out
For all the world to see
Cause then I’ll start fight a fight and someone will surely come for me
Oh darling can’t you see
It’s all about the good folks, and the plain folks and the old folks
And the young folks, and the smart folks, and the dumb folks
And the downright ordinary down to earth folks
Sometimes you have to forgive and forget
Just as long as you still see
It’s all about the plain folks, and honey…it ain’t nothing…
It ain’t nothing, it’ ain’t nothing
About me, ah naw girl

Epic Anthem Rideout for All My Peeps

It’s not about me, oh no, it’s not about me,
Oh honey, Let it Be, Let it Be now
Set the Free Bird Free
can’t you see, just set me free,
Just let it be, set the freebird free,
I was blind but now I see, oh honey it’s not about me
Set the free bird free
And let it be
Can’t you see, it’s not about me
Set the free bird free
Set the free bird free now…
Etc.


Words and Music copyright 2018 by David Snyder/ASCAP

All music composed, arranged, and produced by David Snyder

David Snyder, vocals and guitars


David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,259
B
Top 100 Poster
Offline
Top 100 Poster
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,259
You out did yourself on this one. I had to play it twice and LOVED it.....Man You really went and did it with this on. Great Stuff Dave...

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
OP Offline
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219

This one was for you Barry.

smile

Rock on my brother!!!


David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
Offline
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Hey, Snyder.... I thought you dedicated that rousing, tear-jerking, toe-tapping number to me!!! LOL! He's at it again, folks... but he obviously understands "entertainment." If you are in the desert dining on Diamondback... pray tell, how did you pass Glen Rose without giving me a call? We could have had a "jam on the town square" and attracted a crowd of at least three paid participants! Oh well, another opportunity lost by the last of the Rice's.

Thanks for sharing, Sheriff! Be careful out there in the badlands... and send more if you have time. Good stuff... I'm still laughing. ----Dave

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082
Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082
Likes: 1
Hey Dave:

I don't get here as much as I used to and don't get to all the threads. So I feel like I'm missing something smile

However, even if I don't know what's behind it, I still think it's really cool - love those shout outs at the end.

Man, this does feel like an anthem. smile

Scott

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
Offline
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Hi Scott:

I hate to be "hi-jacking" David Synder's thread but you asked, I'll tell ya' everything I know. It seems that our friend Snyder and our other friend, Floyd Jane know each other somehow from the NSAI. David began posting songs with his fantastic sense of humor interwoven into nearly every one of them, later identifying he is a friend of Floyd. (Isn't everyone?)

The other day, David posted a song using this "over-emphasized" Redneck vocal and just about put me in stitches. I commented and he then proceeds to produce the "themesong" of this particular thread, interweaving rattlesnakes and the desert into the song... and I'm pretty sure he has not left the environs of North Carolina... but, one never knows. Anyway, he's generated a great deal of humor here at JPF. He appears to "reel off" a new song with rapid-fire precision... including the music, recording and vocal(s)... packed with humor.

Somehow, my comment struck a chord with him and he was kind enough to "dedicate" this little ditty to me... before he gave it away to Barry. My faked indignation was merely an attempt to "pull his chain" yet again. Can't wait to hear his response.

Sorry for the long reply, old friend, but you asked.

All the best, ----Dave

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,380
Likes: 8
T
Top 10 Poster
Offline
Top 10 Poster
T
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,380
Likes: 8
Hello Dave
Talk about being in with the in crowd lol.Sadly i was even out with the out crowd!
Good fun and laughter keeps the mind alert, and we are acutely short of lerts nowadays
Good one!
Travis

Last edited by Travis david; 02/11/18 05:16 AM.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,259
B
Top 100 Poster
Offline
Top 100 Poster
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,259
Funny is good. My song I'm Afraid To Go To The Doctor and "My Wife Hid The Tools" are some of the ones I get the most comments. FUNNY IS GOOD....lol

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
OP Offline
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Dave!!!

Man, I just woke up and I'm pretty sunburnt from yesterday, but I will write you another song soon my friend.

Thanks for keeping my battered spirit alive. Why don't meet meet up in Cave Creek outside of Phoenix. We can for sure write us some just plain hits around there.

Talk soon!


David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
OP Offline
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219

Hey Scott,

Thanks, I was just goofin' around and trying to bring in some levity.

I will make this the title track of my new coutnry album I think, although I don't know if I will call the album "Just Plain Folks" or "Levitation."

I have to sit on that one for a while.

Happy Sunday.

smile


David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
Offline
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Phoenix? LOL! Been there... done that! Way too far for an old geezer like me to drive. We were in Mesa briefly a few years ago getting ready to make initiators for air bags. Didn't like to job and returned to Texas.

Levity is always good... and I suspect your "spirit" isn't battered one bit... LMAO! Enjoyed your "Anthem!" Send more soon, desert dweller. ----Dave

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,916
Likes: 9
Top 40 Poster
Offline
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,916
Likes: 9
Sounds like you're enjoying yourself, David.

Vic


It's never too late? Yes it is, so do it now.

If, given time, a monkey can write the complete works of Shakespeare maybe there's hope for me.

http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/vicarnold2

http://www.soundclick.com/vicarnold

http://soundcloud.com/vic-arnold

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 513
Top 500 Poster
Offline
Top 500 Poster
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 513
A JPF song! I should have thought of this myself. You beat me to it, curses....

Cool song, very Dylan-esque. "Tell em the King sent ya" - lol. You have some very clever stuff going on in the tune.

The mix sounds good, too. It's pretty spot-on for the genre. I have no nits (believe it or not!).

Peace,
TC


If it has strings I will find a way to play it!

You can hear my tunes at https://soundcloud.com/tc-gypsy
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,419
Likes: 4
D
Top 200 Poster
Offline
Top 200 Poster
D
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,419
Likes: 4
David,

Well, I’m not sure I get all the back story on this tune—but forget that, this is just an impressive song. Like everything about it!

All the best,

Deej

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 52
K
Serious Contributor
Offline
Serious Contributor
K
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 52
Fantastic .... this should play automatically when you log in to JPF!

Kevin

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,985
F
Top 200 Poster
Offline
Top 200 Poster
F
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,985
Are you SURE it's not about you?

Well done, son...

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
Offline
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Thought I'd fall outa my chair when I saw your post, Floyd! (Rolling on the floor laughing!)

Our friend Snyder is the "real deal" isn't he! The "desert drifter" needs to be careful if he's really out there near Phoenix. The "Coyotes'" will be after him for ransom. My best guess is: He's having breakfast at Tiffany's not far from Wall Street... getting ready to deposit all that cash he's been making from his albums... like you!

Have a great day, Pal, ----Dave

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
OP Offline
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219

Floyd, Dave,

Y'all need to shoot straight with me and stop beatin' around the bush. You need to just come right out and say it. Are you saying I should change the Chorus to:


CH:

It was about me!
yeah it was all about me!
What was I thinking
you crushed my dignity
cause you hurt my feelings
and you picked on me
so yeah, y'all
it was all about me
so don't Let it Be
but set the crazy bird free



If that is what you are saying, I will re-record the vocals tonight, but don't be so abstract y'all. I can handle the truth.

Off to Reno now. Catch ya on the flip flop.


David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,858
Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,858
Likes: 1
Hello David,


WOW, very enjoyable, good job man.


Calvin


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
Offline
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
I'll swear, Floyd:

We have another "song-tweaker" on our hands, don't we? Old "Rapid Fire Snyder"... they call him out there somewhere between Tuscon and Phoenix!

I'll let you handle the technical stuff 'cause I only made it through the fourth grade at Fairview School. Our music education included a rhythm band and they let me play the triangle... but not very often.

Later, ----Dave

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219
Serious Contributor
OP Offline
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 219

Thanks Dave. Well I am still marooned here on this desert isle writin' letters to Floyd and puttin' them in bottles, but I ain't heard nothing back, and them cuckoos is still dropping coconuts on my head so it hurts pretty bad.

Has this song made it to the forum yet?


David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support Just Plain Folks

We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.


Newest Members
EdKreider, KyleCrawford, LukeMeyers, KimBilbrew, AdamSadowski
21,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics129,094
Posts1,185,796
Members21,480
Most Online236,505
Jul 1st, 2026
Just Plain Quotes
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
Today's Birthdays
Christine Ledford (59), Randall Foster (2026)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,384,150 Prophecy anyone?
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5