The problem is that there's lots to think about on both sides.

It is true that we need to look at dwindling resources and find ways to ensure they become sustainable.

But solutions, and how they are implemented and enforced, are not always right either, and if they are clumsily drafted and stupidly enforced, like it seems to have been done in this case (the part that irks me is that it appears the law and paperwork is simply too complex...so that no reasonable person acting in good faith can easily comply), then it is even worse.

WRT to Gibson, they will presumably have their day in court, at which point hopefully, all the facts on both sides will be presented, and hopefully, there will be a just outcome, one way or the other.

In the meantime, you can rant and rave all you want, but it is simply a clash of opinion.

Me, my take away is that I will not be crossing the US border with any wooden instrument for fear of running up against an over zealous border guard.

And for those who feel this is so unfair and want to effect change, catalogue and rally against these kinds of "Not Made In America" laws. Feel free to import the idea and soundbyte without fear of reprisal, at least from me smile

If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop