Morning, Everbody:

As previously stated, Kurt brought up some valid points and Brian has reinforced the concerns all of us have fretted about during our early conversations about "net radio."

I explicity gave Roy permission to use my copyrighted material. Roy's unselfish move at providing a platform for "indie" singers and songwriters to steal the spotlight for a moment or two on the "netwaves" is just about the nicest thing I've seen lately.

Like Donna, I have no desire to give up my rights to my creations by doing a "creative commons" exercise in futility.

My greatest concern is that all the effort required to do this may simply wear Roy down 'cause it requires a great deal of time to add songs from folks from JPF, Nashville Demo Singers, little guys and gals from across America, the UK and the World. The ability of the site to gain traction in a listening audience who'll return on a regular basis is an awesome challenge.

KryKey "Radio" is one of several "radio platform providers" and I applaud their effort to keep this new phenomenom free and functional. I like Roy's approach better. No big stars or performers... just a collection of unknown and unheard-of writers and singers... struggling to be heard through the payola and greed of today's music establishment.

I'm so inspired by Roy, I'm in the process of establishing my own "Radio Dave" to feature songs owned only by me and my friend and former partner, Mike Hackworth. It will also fall under the "KryKey" unbrella of "net stations." Our multi-genre songs will be available for other stations to use if they so desire... but our particular little station will "shamelessly promote" only our music.

Having said all this, I still wonder if the concept of hearing songs on your computer (not an iPod) is really viable. I hope so but, if not, at least all I have invested is time... and miniscule risk... in the event some ambulance chasing lawyer decides to muddy up the water for everyone... LOL!

The plot thickens, eh?

Dave