Crazy weather here, so I'm making the most of it. It's in the 60's, so it's barn time again! While I was working, I heard a terrible crash. About a foot of snow fell off the roof. I'm comfortable in a t-shirt outside and we still have 2 feet of snow here!

The old pine barn wood comes out of the clamps, and next I trace and cut the wood for the main chunk of the body. This will be a lot thicker than a standard tele, but also very hollow. Here's a pic tracing the pattern to the pine board:
[Linked Image]

Next I take the board to the bandsaw and cut it out carefully watching fingers and protecting ears:
[Linked Image]

Here the board is rough cut and I'm getting ready to rough sand the surface to clean it up a bit. I'm using 60-cut sandpaper on the orbital sander.
[Linked Image]

Here's the board sanded. Now I see all the surface cracks and imperfections.
[Linked Image]

Before I head back to the house, I also cut the peghead. Pretty close to a tele shape indeed:
[Linked Image]

Back at the house, I use super glue to fill in the surface cracks on the back. This is not a common practice, but I feel that this will help strengthen the wood before I use a wood filler.
[Linked Image]

Three tubes of super glue were used to fill in the surface cracks prior to using wood filler. The wood is very porous, and it just soaks in. I think that's a good thing. Gotta remember to add the glue into the final cost.
[Linked Image]