Matt we are only trying to help. I doubt very much that ALL the musicians where you live do not use computers or embrace technology or modern aids to help them improve. If they do not then they do not know much about music recording or music production. It is a bit like saying that you play a Casio organ but do not like digital music. When I said cavemen I meant blindly refusing to accept new ideas and technology. You use words like Live and Emotive. I know lots of musicians and engineers and other music people ALL of them can be called emotive and most can put in a pretty good live performance in a very wide spectrum of genres and styles. Just about everyone who records anything to a decent standard embrace the modern tools available. It in no way stymies a good performance or is a cop out or holds back a free-form production or makes a performance sound robotic....it actually enhances it.
You are not seen as inferior just someone very inexperienced who is learning in leaps and bounds but holding themselves back through not listening to advice and holding silly notions about not wanting to use technology or learn the basics a-z that everyone should learn.
I did listen to your song......the one you wanted me to....It is a definite improvement.....but your timing in most places is way way off and makes it sound jerky out of sync and amateurish.....a click track would improve your performance....... greatly.
If you can hear that you are playing out of time then you need to re record it. Easy fix.
If you cannot hear the places you are way off then you need a click to help keep you in time. That is why we use them.