Hiya Mike... I no longer KNOW the Definition of what's "Pop" these days..since Genrefication's so Set-In.

I've admired Michael Stipe/REM..& he's on the talk shows again, so prepare for Yet Another great CD. Annie Lennox/Eurhythmics has provided many a great Decade's Track, most recent hit's "Wonderful", 2003 #1 US "Dance" Charts. Trent Reznor/NIN seems to be cutting new paths..in what's now catagorized as "Industrial Rock"...but began in mid-80's with "Synth Pop" groups. Besides U2, let's give Prince his due...the man can Still turn out Fine Stuff.

While I enjoyed SOME of the Bee Gees, they seemed to me to be recapping Franki Valli's Falsetto Leads...(& SNL sure had fun teasin' the Guys...) ;-)> Aerosmith still Kills..& "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" sure wasn't Rock..now was it? ;-)> (Tho, to this Old Timer, they seem clones of The Stones, for the most part.)

Guess we'll all have to hope The Jonas Brothers get good at the Music Part...(but don't hold your breath.)

Hard keepin' an Open Mind when your ears listen mostly to The Oldies..on today's Broadcast Radio.

Best Wishes/Big Guy-Hug,
Stan