Boy, I'll say completely different from the first version I heard! Wow. Mike, I really liked this. Given the fact you so readily tore the last version down, leaving only a few bones, and built it back up so quickly implies to me that you've got incredible talent, and lots of ideas. Your production on this song, and the melody is captivating to me. I really love the chorus in that regard. If I would have read the lyrics all the way through before listening, I would have wagered that I would have been a little distracted before I got to the end of the song (mostly because of the Star Wars references... not really my bag smile ), but you hooked me, reeled me in, and kept me for all 4:40. Nice.

I like this a lot:

around midnight they wake up
strange sights and sounds
outside of their window
neon...flashin'...crazy...really goin' to town

Especially compared to version 1. Very well done. Now... on to my comment about Star Wars. smile I really like the way you're taken your title and used a movie to make it all 'work' throughout. Personally, I would have preferred that movie to be some other 'classic' film... ideally a love story about a couple of loners or people trying to escape their lives. Nothing's coming to mind right now, but I think you get my point. I just don't see your kind of 'slice of life' story aligning well with Star Wars. MHO only. smile

All that aside, I think is very well done. I really enjoyed listening.

Rob's Music is also on SoundCloud