Compared to the music business, this thread has been little huggy bears singing "Kumbaya" in the cartoon forest. I'd recommend that any young bands learn to develop thick skin. If a band removes itself from opportunity and resource because their feelings are easily hurt or because they can't simply ignore harsh criticism, they'll find themselves paralyzed.

One of the best things that ever happened to me was a very negative, personal attack by a music journalist in a Chicago newspaper. I thought about leaving the music business, I wanted to retreat from the club scene, but an older, successful artist reached out and told me that if he knew I could have been driven away that easily he'd have gotten me out of the competition earlier.

So, folks, sometimes the game gets rough, but if you quit, there's no way to win it.

You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash

It's only music.
-niteshift

Mike Dunbar Music