Originally Posted by thepinkstockbrokers
my favorite songwriter is tim mcgraw and faith hill i have alway dreamed about working with them too. i have a special song that i wanted them to do for me. but they didnt answer the message on myspace so i gave up on it

As far as I know, neither one of these two are SONGWRITERS. They are only PERFORMERS who record other people's songs. I once heard McGraw interviewed about songwriting and he said he won't even TRY to compete with the great writers who have penned his hits.

This reflects the most frustrating part about being a non-performing writer. EVERYONE ALWAYS BELIEVES TS THAT THE PERFORMER WROTE THE SONG. I bet 75% of McGraw's fans think he wrote LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYIN' by himself.

On the other hand, if you are getting the royalty checks on time and aren't being stalked by paparazzi, I guess you don't really mind so much.

thepinkstockbrokers,

Don't be discouraged because you didn't get a reply from Tim. If you only knew how many songwriters try to pitch their songs to him every day, you would understand. You will have to send your song through a publisher or someone connected with his manager or producer and hope he is currently looking for new material. Everyone wants a McGraw or a Hill cut and you are competing with the absolute best in Nashville for what few cuts are available.

Fisherman hook fish; songwriters fish for hooks

Music Site
Political Forums