My Dearest Brian,

I think, perhaps, that you should rephrase your 1st sentence.....Something along the lines of "Technology will greatly help your 'presentation', but Tech will not help you to write a decent song...

My thinking is that some Folks can write, & some Folks can keep up with the Tech,,,& some Folks can do both....All Folks should keep perfecting what they do best, & hire other Folks to fill in their weak spots...To Quote Dirty Harry..."A man must know his limmitations"....

Midnite

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian Austin Whitney:
Technology absolutely helps songwriting. 30 years ago if you wanted to present a song with strings and woodwinds, you usually couldn't unless you were wealthy or supported by a big label/company who could hire those players to make those sounds. Technology today allows someone who hears any type of instrumentation in their head to be able to affordably get that sound down into a recording. Technology has leveled the playing field between the musical haves and have nots. It doesn't make a song better or worse, it simply allows someone without money to still present their songs in the same positive light only a rare few could before. Technology allows the songwriter to compete fairly. More great music is being made and documented via inexpensive recording and performance methods than ever before.

Brian
</font>

Satchel was right...Something is gaining on me....
http://www.jackcouldntmakeit.com