Travis,
Your post about crappy demos really takes the cake. You came here looking for songs and now you expect songriter's to have $2000.00 demos done in Nashville, hire a song plugger at $300.00 or more a month to pitch songs to an over the hill group that is trying to make a comeback. Beggers can't be choosers. If the group you are ?producing? can't take the time to listen to songs that might be appropriate for release then how sucessful are they going to be? My publisher and I discuss this from time to time about wheather a song has to be a super demo to be considered. I have been told by contacts that they would rather hear a raw demo rather than a polished demo. I have heard back from Tony Brown on submissions. If he can reply, ??? I realize that 99 percent of songs submitted are not what an Artist needs but the quality of the demo shouldn't matter. I do have work tapes of my songs that when the listing seems to be right I send them. Most of us don't have gazillions of dollars to make super demos. One more thing. If your group expects to be sucessful in their return, they better take a few chances in finding new material. My publisher and I also discuss the quality of material avaliable in Nashville. We do see requests every month from writer's outside Nashville. I don't wonder why. Good luck.

Ray E. Strode