FYI,

I know the reason a large number of people didn't vote. Most (i.e. WAY over 50% if not 75%) of the people who entered are NOT regular or even infrequent message board posters. Because I was on the road and couldn't send out a newsletter or bulletin, no one even KNEW when the voting started or the rules unless they were actively checking the message boards. Had I sent out in the newsletter that voting was happening and the rules, I am guessing we'd have had a lot more folks voting. My guess is a lot of folks were just waiting to see the announcement in the newsletter that voting was starting.

But I decided that since this was a matter of a LOT of work to get through 500+ lyrics, I wanted those most actively involved and interested to do it. By looking at voting patterns, I think we got a pretty honest and probably pretty accurate feel for what people liked. I do think that some brilliant lyrics got largely passed over simply because of the vast number of entries. Having another 200-500 people vote I don't think would have changes the voting patterns dramatically. With this many entries, there's really no better way I can think to do this with open voting.

We could, I suppose, have folks enter lyrics by genre next time. But I could take nearly any lyric and make it nearly any genre through production.

I am always open to ways to improve. But the solution would not include any sort of program to force someone to vote. After all, I really don't WANT someone's vote if they are forced. They won't be motivated to do it for the right reasons that way. I'll take 100 voluntary, passionately interested votes over 1000 disinterested ones any day.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney