<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sweetsong:
I have just recently begun submitting songs to publishers. In one instance, I submitted a demo after seeking permission to do so. Once the publisher received my submission package, they responded quickly (with my SASE, of course). They said they couldn't use my work, although I was talented, and I might consider whether I needed more production in my demo. They of course provide demo production service.

They were not asking for money to publish songs, like song sharks. However, I am more than a little concerned that my work might have been solicited only so this publisher could turn around and try to solicit my business, and on my dime, too! Does this happen frequently? Would appreciate your comments. Thanks
</font>

This is a common occurence....I used to receive these kinds of come ons every time I copyrighted something at the library of congress. There are alot of webpages that
offer suggestions for various info about
publishing- check out www.cdbaby.com for starters...info pages.......some one told me
all that glitters is not gold....don't be discouraged.....this is hard work and dues paying. Have a great day! Freddie
http://www.rosesforkitty.com