Here is a song that has had three versions posted on JPF. Travis wrote the original lyrics and collabed with Michael Z for one production, then collabed with Mimmo for a different production approach on a 2nd version. I really liked this song in both earlier vibes, but I just "felt" another 3rd vibe utilizing Mimmo's great chorus melody saddled into a different verse melody/bridge direction. I started playing around with the song on my acoustic guitar and a 3rd production was born--with Travis's and Mimmo's blessing. I really liked the idea of this song's theme and felt there are probably millions of folks out there that could relate to these lyrics. I had to make a few changes and additions with Travis's approval for some changes lyrically for music accomodation. So here is a tri-lab songwrite between Ohio-USA/Canada/UK--hope you enjoy the song, and comments surely welcome! - steady-eddie.

SWEET DREAMS - music/lyrics by: vaughan/mercu/swartz

SWEET DREAMS

Vs 1)
I’ve dreamt about her and wanted her so, every moment I’ve slept
But the pathway’s crowded, leading up to where, all my secrets are kept
Trying hard, to get over that, I might not see her again
Night after night, bliss turns to sorrow it’s always the same….it's always the same

Ch 1)

Bring me sweet dreams, won’t you bring me sweet dreams; send me only sweet dreams tonight
Pick me up, and carry me away to wherever, she may be
And when my head, touches my pillow won’t you take me there?
Sweet….dreams…….. Are waiting for me……..

Vs 2)

I wonder if, she misses me, cause’ I’m still missing her
Parting friends, only makes it harder; maybe she still cares
I’m not so sure we fell out of love, could we try it again?
After all, that time together it just can’t be the end…… no it can’t be the end

Repeat Ch 2)

Bridge)

Took a chance and called her
Told her couldn’t get her out of my mind
She said I dream about you every night
My dreams are yours and yours are mine

Solo Strings)

Repeat Ch tag (Key Change)

Outro) Oh yeah, sweet dreams are waiting for me :

Last edited by E Swartz; 11/22/20 09:57 PM.