Its hard to provide constructive criticism when its a personal song, like how do you critique a guy singing a love song to his wife.

Its boring as far as a commercial lyric/theme, but its effective in its message, and hard to say anything about .

I think it's simply stated and that's hard to do sometimes so hats off for that, hard to try not to overwrite for me anyway. I will say that your lyrics Carroll, never seem to be about anything, they are usually reflective, and if your a singer songwriter, you can write like that and get a way with it.

I don't have a problem with it really, and I can relate to what your saying. Remember though your audience is limited, how many listeners of music have tales of unsuccessful songwriting? Its what they called an insider song, but I guess posted here its fine.

and dj voice is what really makes it , your voice is believable, it makes the lyric seem sincere, one of former regs here Floyd Jane had a similar quality, where his voice made me believe the lyrics. Of course Frank Sinatra was the master of that

For both you guys, I'd like to see you branch out into more universal stuff, but its a nice song and sentiment.