Steve, I echo what Deej says. Like him, I have done songs that are completely BIAB, except for the vocals, of course. That last one you commented on, "Gulp Don't Sip," for example. Others are mostly BIAB.

One advantage that hasn't been mentioned here is that the recording quality is consistent. I don't really have a home studio and my recording environment is not great, but with BIAB, that doesn't matter.

When I first discovered BIAB, it felt weird and a little like cheating. I loved the opportunities it opened, but I felt like I shouldn't take myself seriously for using it. That's what is behind my "band," the Mysterious Beings. On my website, mysteriousbeings.com, I have bios for all the members, Dee Sharpe on guitar, Aldo Sachs on alto sax, Juan Tusrifor on bass, Kit Bashir on drums, Gene Poole-Skimmings on keyboards, Beau Strokes on fiddle, our roadie Ford Van Drijver, and our Swedish recording engineers Max and Minnie Mumsetting. I then weave these characters into stories behind the songs. Amazingly, I am occasionally contacted by talented musicians wanting to join the band. https://mysteriousbeings.com/meet-the-band/.

I've since heard the marvelous way that some folks here use the program and feel a little less sheepish about using it. I have a lot to learn before I can use it like them. For me, it has allowed me to take songs that have been going around my head for decades, as well as new ones, and give them some sort of life,