Originally Posted by JaneK
Thanks Gary, Brian and Donna for your advice.

Never heard of SongU. I will check it out.

Yes, I do all that music, lyrics, play keyboard, recording etc. I already write songs - but I'd like to grow.

I have done the free video courses they have on Songtown and their teaching seemed pretty easy on the brain, but I understand they are there to make a buck and you will be a little tiny fish in a big pound.

Yes, I do love participating in the song forums and when time permits I would like to participate more but being a newbie I think it takes a while for folks to warm up to you as I certainly can understand.

Since it is a free service you all are providing, I do not want to take up everyone's time posting songs, lyrics and stuff and asking for help etc. If I pay for the service, I should, and I use the word loosely "should" get something from that, or maybe I'll get nothing.

And I hear you can collaborate with people when you write on Songtown and I would love to do that (especially lyrics which I am weak on). And as far as writing commercially, I would love to learn.

I am getting some help in using my DAW from a studio since this is how I construct my song which is very expensive and not really worth it in the long run.

I will be retiring soon and will have time on my hands to do music so just thought it might be interesting to pursue as many opportunities I can while I am still alive.

Thanks again everyone for your opinions on the matter. I do value them.

Jane K

The Song U folks are also JPF Mentors and good friends of mine. Danny and Sara have been lifers in helping songwriters and their company which they built from scratch after many years of being staff writers and working with and for all the music orgs. of note. They are highly credible and honest and amazing people. See, I knew I would leave someone obvious out.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney