Couch,

It's a heavy subject, but the song held my attention. I listened to it yesterday and knew I was listening to a well crafted song and production, but decided to come back today and listen with fresher ears. These type songs grow on you. Floyd always sings with great passion, which is an asset to this story/theme. This is produced very well.

There is one line in the first verse, (for me anyway) that I thought/felt slightly disconcerting from the "mood build"--the toe sticking out of sock line..........I guess for me, I quickly visualized that which made me smile; you were setting the song up so well--I think a more serious analogy would work better there--JMO of course. I know it paints a picture, but is hard losing that "visual" and not smiling when going into the next line. But that's kind of a nit-pick, but just giving you my impression as I experienced it for what it's worth.

At age 21 I worked at a VA hospital back in 72'--73', and I saw first hand many veterans with every imaginable health & injury issues--so I can easily relate to the song. Many at that time, young Nam vets, WWl & WWII vets. I even helped treat one old Spanish-American War Vet who was over 100 years old at that time.

What a great listen, and great write! Congrats.

steady-eddie