Originally Posted by Travis david
Hi J&B what a wonderful story!
A great tribute too.i loved this kind of music from the days i used to roam the flea markets, second hand shops and market stalls in my native Manchester area looking out for Stanley Brothers Flatt and Scruggs etc records which were'nt easy to come by in the UK in the early to mid 60s.
Great stuff really enjoyed this one
Travis

Thanks Travis. We played many a Stanley Brothers song in our bluegrass band years.

J&B

Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Thanks, Bud... for the "liner notes" and background of the song. Super Nice tribute to Clint. Step-Fathers can be special, too. Strange how this style of music seems to be woven through the fabric of our Country and it's rich history. We even have a Bluegrass Festival here in Glen Rose and this one probably would have stolen the show. Enjoyed all the talent you guys share with us so often. ----Dave

Thanks Dave. That is very kind. We look fondly back on the times we played bluegrass festivals. The cool thing about them is that a huge percentage of the audience play also!

J&B

Originally Posted by IronKnee
Loved the Music, here...…...what a nice sentiment!
Beautiful home cooking!
-Tom

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted by Deej56
Jancie and Bud,

Love the opening—it really sets the mood; and then followed by the lively intro thereafter—very sweet. And the liner notes and back story really add something to this. I admire creating a song from family history; something so strongly and emotionally grounded in life experience. It comes through on this one. Wonderfully put together. Pretty cool listen!

All the best,

Deej

Thanks. We're glad to hear that it worked for you. I wondered if perhaps it was too personal. Thanks for the nice comments!

J&B

Check out our new album Janice Merritt "Am I Blue Enough?"
on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon and others.