Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
Why not just go Twitter and offer your disgust with the system, why before a football game? That part I don't get .... But....

Because most people don't make any change in thinking based on social media words. However, studies have shown that as soon as you use video and/or voice, it becomes more likely to garner a response. And look what taking a knee has done, its caused a fervent uproar, unfortunately not about police brutality, but mostly about respecting the flag and the anthem.

See even if I showcase the person behind the initial movement: A VETERAN (his name is Nate Boyer & he was part of the Green Beret) was giving the kneeling instead of sitting advice to Colin - that FACT gets ignored. As does the law surrounding what is required by Americans during the anthem. Everyone making it about respecting the flag and the anthem is ignoring the reason it all started in the first place. Then people will divert the attention and say its some anti fascist group creating the problem or some other conspiracy theory, instead of the fact that it is about police brutality. Most people will make up their minds about an action before ever looking for the facts or asking the source. Its evident even here in this thread.

I get it that few, if any people here, ever change their mind based on conversation here. Hell I get railed on here with some saying I provide misinformation when giving advice on the current state of the music industry [what misinformation I've given still hasn't been outed yet btw, so its anyone's guess].

As for gambling - it matters not what the amount is, whether its $0.01 or $1,000,000, its still entertainment. Some get a real adrenaline rush out of it. Some people treat entertainment like a job. Some people treat entertainment like a religion or politics, its still entertainment. How it affects an individual is entirely up to them.

Same can be said for people writing music, for the masses its mainly entertainment. For some its a job. For others its their religion or their politics. Its still music and its rooted in entertainment. No matter how popular an artist gets.

** This link shows a good example of what got Colin started with the kneeling **

https://www.facebook.com/mo.anderson.902/videos/1593360130757723/

Jody Whitesides
A Funky Audio Lap Dance For Your Ears!
www.jodywhitesides.com