Okay folks,

It's NOT a virus, but I also DID NOT activate it or ask for it. It may be somehow connected to the share buttons on the site, but I was never told anything about this sudden addition of spam all over the bottom of our page. The way they CLAIM it would work is that we'd get money for clicks. That's BS though from all that I have read on line. I really wanted the feature to be able to share posts on social media, but there was no warning about these stories at the bottom. You're in no danger, so please just deal with it for a bit until I can work out what to do. We've gone over 20 years with no ads, I don't plan on starting now, especially with someone I didn't ask for. In theory they would start sharing stories related to our site. The stories I believe are harmless so if you happen to see something interesting and want to click it, I am unaware of any problem doing so, but to be clear, we're not getting anything for it nor did we ask for it, activate it or were even made aware of it at any time, but it does appear to be built into this software.

I am going to ask one of the programmers to come here and calm concerns, because I am getting pounded on Facebook, email and here about this.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney