Originally Posted by Jody Whitesides
Originally Posted by Marc Barnette
But you are right. I've covered about all I'm going to on this. Enough from me on this subject. I'll take my arrogance elsewhere.

Its a discussion Marc. Not a matter of taking it elsewhere. I'm all for your opinion, but be aware - I research for the facts.

Originally Posted by Michael Zaneski
Where does either Jody or myself say anything favorable about the Department of Justice?

Actually Mike, I did make a reference to being inclined to seeing licensing being made easier.

But I agree, the case isn't done. This is a recommendation and its far from over. The great thing is that it has gotten the discussion opened up. Which means if enough songwriters/publishers get riled up enough - something good can come of it. One thing is for sure, I will be calling both my Senators to see about getting some face time with them about my concerns.

It would seem that making a presentation to the Federal Courts showing all the great songs and musical partnerships that never would have been, had 100% licensing been in effect from the beginning of the popular music era would hold sway over that Court..

If the two PRO system is broken, I still don't understand how 100% licensing fixes that. Certainly two wrongs still don't make a right?

I'm probably wrong, but this feels like King Solomon saying he's gonna cut the baby in half (IOW do something drastic) in order to force the two parties to get creative with solving their problem, which is why both Everett and I were wondering if some kind of merger under one umbrella might be a move in the right direction.

I will be fact researching as well.. smile

Mike

Last edited by Michael Zaneski; 07/08/16 01:07 AM.

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)