Appreciate the insights niteshift and MAB.
I guess I was a little green in my thinking of the net. Though I never believed people that said I could just post a cd and sell 500 of them.

The musician friends I had known with music was around the first time I became interested in it in the nineties. That was definately not a good time with me to forge plans. Those friends have either moved, have gone on to other things, or are deceased.

I looked at the net to take a more constructive route to stay involved in music.
Get in to audio and video making and soundtrack work and do that with others, perhaps. There are a lot of writers, producers, and collaberators of various sorts. I have been on the net pretty infrequently though and have lacked the social skills for a long time.

I am mixed on how I feel of the performers lifestyle. That is something I feel I can't do on an ongoing basis even though I would like to do that to some extent.
Perhaps just mingling more in my school will do that. The students are pretty approachable and the instructor is supportive.

I was thinking that it would be good to have a site to hook up with for that and do some demos. But since it was mentioned, I havn't really communicated the way I should have.
That can be the hardest to learn for some.