Hey there Tim..I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, the chorus is kind of catchy. Lane has a way being catchy and conversational in a really natural way.

Hi Vic, thanks! Yeah, the music was mostly BIAB, but I took the Rhodes style keyboard and put through fake "rotary speakers" that were in sync with the tempo, and that seems to drive the music. After that, it all came together. Did I miss another drum fill? Sometimes I forget that BIAB will not add a fill if the bridge and chorus are the same color aka substyle. Doh!

Hi Floyd! Thanks so much for the kind words. The horns were not samples, but from a "Virtual Modelling" program called WIVI Band, which has 8 different wind/brass instruments, including flute and trombone. Wallander Instruments puts it out, I bought it a while back, it was only about a hundred bucks.

No, not a co-write. I started a (reasonably priced) demo service a few months ago, advertising only in the Musician's Message Forum, and it's been non-stop ever since. I still do some collabs/co-writes when I have free time, but the demo service is my only source of income, thanks to a my age (57) and a bad back (110) and a nerve damaged thumb that keeps me from busking and performing live music.

Hi Dave, thanks! I am lucky that Lane gives me the freedom to "go with" my vision..Much of his work hits me as much Memphis as Nashville, so I've been trying to find a balance therein. I would love to pitch some songs. I miss my friends in Nashville. Maybe in a year or so..thanks again, friend. smile

Mike

Last edited by Michael Zaneski; 08/20/15 01:36 PM.

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)