JPF Home Page
Posted By: Ray E. Strode Good Lord, What Next! - 04/13/16 06:53 PM
Hi folks,
Over on Gearslutz a poster asks if he can convert Digital to Analog! Well, when you put a CD into a CD Player you convert Digital to Analog! Everything starts out as what is now known as Analog. When you put it on some digital device it is converted to Digital. When it is played back the Chip in the device reverses the process and you have Analog. Apparently there is a piece of equipment for every process in the music industry known to man. Anybody need a Power Conditioner? They sell em. Need a stand alone A/D Converter. They sell em. They may even have Digital to Analog pickups on guitars. In the Navy they used to send sailors on a mission to obtain some Prop Wash. No kidding.
Posted By: R&M Re: Good Lord, What Next! - 06/05/16 01:31 PM
I have some very old recordings when I first wanted to be a performer that I would like to convert from analog to digital, yet I end up re-doing them. Yet I feel robbed from having that old way.
I probably would have been at home in the Navy in the community lavatories on the boats. That big wall toilet.
Posted By: Ray E. Strode Re: Good Lord, What Next! - 06/05/16 04:15 PM
Well,
I have a stand alone CD Burner. But if your Computer has the ability to burn CD's/DVD's and you have a program, in your computer you can probably put your recordings in the computer program and then copy them to a CD.
Posted By: Barry David Butler (D) Re: Good Lord, What Next! - 06/06/16 02:27 PM
Hey Ray....I realize that there are all these gadgets etc....SO my advice to Songwriters is to not wasting their money and start writing some Great Songs....There Many Good Songs on Radio and Video and On Line but a lot that will be here in twenty years...Just take on things..
Barry
Posted By: Ray E. Strode Re: Good Lord, What Next! - 06/06/16 04:26 PM
Aw, Well Barry,
I have already written a lot of great songs. What surprises me is a lot of songwriters buy a ton of "Gimmicks" they think will make their "Final" results better. To get a sample of what I'm saying go find the Gearslutz Web site and read thru all the posts. Today, Believe it or not, everybody wants things submitted in an E-Mail! Actually nobody is accepting anything because of the "Instant Gratification" world. Have a nice day!

Addendum. For another view you can look at Bernie who on one hand wants the Millionaires and Billionaires, on Wall Street to fund all of his Pie in the Sky totally absurd ideas and on the other hand wants to totally destroy Wall Street. And Barry we are getting there. Look at his Poll Numbers. Better hide your money, Barry, if you have any left, that is. The rest of you better hitch up the mules and start producing!

More addendum. New Turntables and Film Cameras are making a comeback! I already have mine I bought several years ago. And, you can buy a new Poloraid Camera. Well I sure hope they don't make me start slicing my bread. Geronimo!
Posted By: Ray E. Strode Re: Good Lord, What Next! - 10/23/16 06:15 PM
If you are going to buy some piece of gear you have no idea if you need it to make your recordings "Better" try to either go to a class on the gear, maybe ask the Manufacturer for a complete explanation of how the equipment is used or if they have a class you can attend. It appears people buy gear they don't need.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards