JPF Home Page
Greetings y'all. This is Matt, the resident lurker of the club, with an announcement about this year's Tonawanda Folk Festival.

We will be holding a fund raiser on April 12th at Broadway Joe's to help raise money for this year's event. Among the prizes we raffle will be a 5 hour recording and CD master package from Select Sound Recording Studio.

Headlining the event will be Jim Pirinelli and his band Stringer. Jim performed at the 2006 festival. We are also inviting anyone who has performed at the last three festivals to share a few songs with us on stage April 12th.

The show will run from 6-9PM.

Hope to see you there!
Hey Matt,

I checked out all the articles and pictures on the Tonawanda Folk Festival website. Looks like you've done a great job with this event!

I'm looking forward to attending this year and I've added the fundraiser to my calendar, too!

Matt Brown cool
www.BrownBuffalo.com
Thanks a lot, and kudos on your name too!

The seeds we planted back in 2005 grow more and more every year. I'm also happy to say that most of the current JPF'ers have played the festival at one time or another.

We're still on the lookout for new talent for this year, and since we only have so much time, its always a challenge to fill those spots with original talent and have to tell others "maybe next year".

For the fund raiser, we're presenting the following performers who have appeared at previous festivals:

-Brent Persia
-Close to Eden
-Hillary
-Tim Sylvester
-Jim Pirinelli with Stringer

Should be a great time, and lots of great prizes too!
Update - we've added Willie Breen to the lineup, and we have a few more prizes in hand, including autographed Goo Goo Dolls items and a wine basket.

I strongly encourage anyone interested in recording to buy raffle tickets for the CD master/recording package. We're talking a $500 value here - and if you're well rehearsed, you can probably knock off 8-10 songs in that time.
Matt - Are you going to be selling raffle tickets ahead of the show, or do prize winners need to be in attendance? I'd like to support the festival except we're going to be away that weekend.

Thanks

John K.
Hey guys,

Just got done uploading photos from this weekend's Folk Festival in Tonawanda. Hope you'll take a few minutes to look through the pictures and see what the weekend was like.

[Linked Image]

View more pics ...

Thanks to Matt Surowiec for such a great time!

Matt Brown cool
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards