JPF Home Page
Hi Folks,

We need a moderator for this message board. Your role would be the encourage discussion, post info of interest and respond to any needs or questions raised with help from myself and others. If you are interested in helping us increase participation and offer more info, resources and support to the artists and writers in this community, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian
Posted By: RobertaS2S Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 01/14/08 04:35 AM
Is there any pay!!! Just kidding. But seriously, I'm wondering how you and the misses get paid to have all that fun, I mean work, travelling the world, listening to music after music.

This sounds like a pretty easy gig. Make a post once a week = I can do that.

~ Roberta Annicks
Founder & Lyricist
www.Songs2Share.com
Posted By: Jack Swain Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 01/14/08 06:42 PM
Roberta,

It would be nice to get a community going in Chicago, since there are so many songwriters in this town, but it is hard to get a discussion generated here. I tried a few times to rally people on this board with only marginal responses, but if you wish to go for it, I will help support you.

Jack
Posted By: Herbie Gaines Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 01/15/08 02:11 AM
I will support you too Roberta! ! !
Posted By: Dean Milano Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 06/12/08 08:07 AM
Uh-oh, what happened to the new moderator?
Posted By: Herbie Gaines Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 06/12/08 11:51 PM
she modulated Dean...now she's the modulating moderator...;-)
she's now in a key we can't see or hear ...
Posted By: RobertaS2S Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 06/20/09 08:03 PM
Actually I didn't hear from the founder & felt the job may have been taken. Then I bought a house, fixed it up a bit, rented it out & decided to move 2 hours south of Chicago into the same town where I have another house. Now I'm an hour north of both USI & U of I - musical communities as well as Chicago.

I miss attending some Chicago functions. Like the 12th Annual Short Comedy Festival is coming up. I highly recommend that one. It's good for a laugh & all local filmmakers.

The thing about trying to get anybody's attention these days - is time. Everyone says they're so busy & they are. Unless you've got a clique of people wanting to meet, it's hard to start one from scratch, but not impossible. You've got to have a lot of "desire" to do it.

As I've started a blog at my own company website (which is about to undergo a whole different direction), I could easily come over here & paste the same thing under the Chicago Area board. The Music News might be something to start a thread of those wanting to talk music. I've got a Songs2Share Chicago MySpace site where I've been keeping an eye on the local talent.

You have to ask yourself - what can I give yes, but also, what do I get back? & is it worth my time.

Posted By: Jean Bullock Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 06/20/09 09:52 PM
Just as well.
Posted By: RobertaS2S Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 06/21/09 03:38 PM
Back when the kids were young, I worked for the University of Illinois Extension Service as a part time 4-H Community Worker. My main job was to increase 4-H Enrollment. The 4-H program is made up of VOLUNTEERS. We'd joke about how we had to work with & depend on volunteers for many of our events by saying things like - "She wants to be a volunteer, give her a kiss" or -"She wants to volunteer, great, get her to sign..." or things like that.

I gave up that job after my daughter was born & became a 10 year 4-H Volunteer Leader. That and a 3 year Room Mother, Brownie Co-Leader (just one year &I babysat the leader's 3 kids while her & hubby went to Amway weekend conventions) & I babysat Abigail full time & worked at the food panty & unwed mother's group at church.

To this day I have great respect for the volunteer. I joked with my partner that I miss spending volunteer hours. He told me that my work at Songs2Share.com is volunteer. I laughed.
:-)
Posted By: beechnut79 Re: We need a Chicago Board Moderator - 06/24/09 02:57 AM
Just checked out the S2S website, found it interesting. Do they work with lyricists seeking music collaborators?
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards