JPF Home Page
Posted By: Jean Larson St. Louis Chapter - 01/09/04 09:47 PM
I tried to join the St. Louis chapter of JPF by email, and the chapter coordinator repled that I'm the only person to contact him so far.

I believe we need 10 members to form a chapter. I'm thinking there must be that many in St. Louis. If you live around here and are interested, could you post a reply here?

If there are enough of us, maybe the chapter coordinator here could plan a meeting or something.

I'm not in a position to organize or lead anything, but I said I'd post a message to see if anyone else is interested. I would come to a meeting if we had a decent sized group and a good reason for getting together.

If this is not the place to post a message like this, I apologize. I'm new to JPF and not sure how all this works.

--JL
Posted By: JamieMarie Re: St. Louis Chapter - 01/12/04 08:02 AM
Hello,
I live in St. Louis and would be very interested in being part of the St. Louis JPFolks chapter but I also don't think I am ready to lead it etc. but I am sure we could get something going!

Please contact me: Jamie62477@aol.com if you find out anymore about the chapter. I have also been waiting for a St. Louis Chapter and I am ready for it! [Linked Image]

Jamie
Posted By: Jean Larson Re: St. Louis Chapter - 01/13/04 11:18 PM
Hi Jamie Marie!

Thanks for responding! I'll give this a little more time and hope that someone else replies as well. Maybe I'm wrong about there being at least 10 of us here, but we'll see...

--Jean
Posted By: Jean Larson Re: St. Louis Chapter - 01/21/04 08:15 PM
Well, so much for that! Maybe there aren't many of us here, afterall.

I think I'll check out the next NSAI meeting and see what that's about. --Jean
Posted By: Lurch Re: St. Louis Chapter - 02/17/04 04:05 AM
You know I've responded to every thread about a St. Louis Chapter there has been but I gave up checking for responses here about last Nov. because there just weren't any. I live in St. Charles and I'm looking for some sort of local songwriting organization. So if you happen to see this let me know. I've e-mailed Jamie before but I'm not sure she got it. Anyway I'll look here once or twice a week for the next couple of weeks. If there's some interest that would be cool.

Warren
Posted By: Jean Larson Re: St. Louis Chapter - 02/17/04 05:42 AM
Warren--

For now, I'm tring out the NSAI, which seems like a good group. I will probably participate if anything gets organized with a local JPF chapter. I guess I'll keep watching, too. I think it's probably up to the official chapter coordinator to take the lead.

--Jean
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards