JPF Home Page
Posted By: soulgirl Songwriters Group - 07/14/04 02:51 AM
Looking for fellow songwriters in Oregon - possible collaboration? Belong to the recording academy and am affiliated with BMI. Especially focused on film, tv, video production music/background/music beds...
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: Songwriters Group - 08/11/04 08:46 AM
Joe here. Live in Garibaldi, Oregon, 9 miles north of Tillamook on the Coast. Also write, more or less, as the Muse forces me. I perform primarily to showcase my own material (having figured out that if I want somebody to do it, I was going to have to look in the mirror), even though I'm no great singer nor any great shakes at the guitar. I'm currently playing weekly with two impromptu gaggles of musicians that the audiences consider "bands" (we're not--we've just been playing together a long time and have got intuitive about each other), one rock 'n' roll, one country. I try to play every chance I get.

Some of my stuff is posted on a Soundclick site--www.soundclick.com/bands/7/joewrabekmusic.htm. If, after having heard some of that, you're still interested in attempting something together, please let me know. Thanks.

Joe
Posted By: RockyMon Re: Songwriters Group - 02/23/05 12:28 AM
Hi, Soulgirl. I lead a free, monthly songwriters workshop in Eugene. It's the second Saturday of nearly every month. If you'd like more info, send me an email.

Rocky
songshop@hotmail.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soulgirl:
Looking for fellow songwriters in Oregon - possible collaboration? Belong to the recording academy and am affiliated with BMI. Especially focused on film, tv, video production music/background/music beds...</font>
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards