JPF Home Page
A wonderful lyric by the talented Jennifer who I admire and music by Andy who I continue to be in awe of. I was asked to be a part of this amazing song and I feel so fortunate and am so happy with the outcome!

I'LL BE ON MY WAY on SoundClick

I'll Be On My Way
by
Jennifer (Jinx) Shaner

© 2010

I feel cold inside
despite the heat
Feel pleasure, yet pain
Love once made me whole
I’m now incomplete
and broken again

I look in your eyes
Which once warmed my soul
The fire’s now gone
There’s heat in your touch
But love is not there
It’s time to move on

(prechorus)
I must find the strength to run
I’m not the type to just have fun

(chorus)
Your promises mean nothing now
I need to break away somehow
Love is what I had but lost
Now it’s time to pay
I will not stay yours to use
I may be hurt, my ego bruised
But without love’s the meaning’s lost
I’ll now be on my way

An empty touch
Can’t fill the holes
When love is gone
Hiding my pain
I act out my roles
And try to move on

Ignoring the pain
I put on a smile
And face each new day
I know I was right
To push you aside
You were just in my way

(prechorus)
Within my chest my heart still bleeds
I’m dead and yet I live
And yet to taste what love can be
Again my heart I’d give

(chorus)
Your promises mean nothing now
I need to break away somehow
Love is what I had but lost
Now it’s time to pay
I will not stay yours to use
I may be hurt, my ego bruised
But without love’s the meaning’s lost
I’ll now be on my way
Nice job, Tam and everyone else involved! I like everything about this song! smile
very good indeed Jennifer/Andrew/Tammy

you can all be very proud of this one.......Tammy in your next life you should be a Nashville demo singer-you really have the vocal range for it......

Tom
I had to reach down and pull my socks back on a couple of times. Nothing like a front row seat! It works it works it works and if it ain't broke... Well done guys. I can't say enough.

Danny
Thanks Guy's, Tammy did an amazing job with this one. She really amazed me with her style and technique, she truly is a very talented lady.
The lyrics that Jen aka Jinx wrote for this are so good they just fitted perfectly to the track.
It's cool you guys like it and it's great to hear Tammy with a big ROCK track behind her vocals smile

Rgds
Andy
Andy your music is so great...it makes any song become gold....glyn
Hi Andy, Jennifer and Tammy

Cool collab overall - I can only be impressed more and more with your growth and efforts. It's an interesting combination of a soprano vocalist and a rock song --- so very different on that front - and Tammy it's very nice to hear you With music. - there are always things I might mix or do 'different' if it were mine.... but they would be more personal choices -- not something to 'fix' -- anyway good work ! jm
Polly,

Thanks so much for listening, I am always happy to hear your take on things!!

Tammy
I like this very much. One thing I thought of is that in the vocals sometimes it is kind of cut short I would use some delay to let it ring a bit so it is not so abrupt. Thats about it

Love the music br toward the end. Really nice work
Hi Tammy, Jennifer, & Andy

Wow I just love this, and Tammy their is nothing stopping you now hah, Go girl. whistle

My only suggestion that I felt was, I wouldn't of slowed it down after the first pre chorus and chorus, I would of kept up with the speed from their, (Younger generation attraction). grin

Great collaboration, I'm a fan! love

Hugs Michele
Hi Tammy, Jennifer, Andy

You all went over the top with this one! Wow, this is really a great song smile

WTG!!

Dottie
Wonderful vibe here- musically and lyrically reminiscent of Evanescense. Love the overdriven guitar in the chorus- GREAT Riff.
The phrasing in the guitar lead is also quite tasty- clearly Andy knows his way around the fret board. The tone of the guitar, which sounds like a strat on the middle or neck pickup, is unexpected- I would have been looking for a screaming lead in this one- but it is a very pleasant surprise!
A very cool tune, the piano is beautiful and the guitar is a powerful contrast. And lyrically, the unrequited love theme with a sharper edge- I loved it.
What an amazing and haunting sound in the verse. I also love the prechorus buildup. I agree with Jeff about the 'Evanescense' feel. Somehow the chorus melody and the chorus musical chord progression seem to realy clash as if they were'nt in the same key or something. (Maybe this was intentional .. or maybe I'm just too traditional smile

Bridge/Outro is great ... with the singing "I'll be on my way."

Great recording, singing, and music.

Another wonderful song.

g
Awesome.

Great lyric, music, and Tammy it is wicked cool to hear you rockin' it with some music behind you! You go girl!!

Just fun all around. Keep up the great work, guys!

Linda
Tom: demo singer?! Nah!! Out there in the SPOTLIGHTS, baby!

That's where she should be grin

Linda
Hi Tam,
This is so cool, another hit to be, fabulous performances. Love everything about this song.
Lel
Had to come back and listen again, this is really a great song all around...love it..you guys out did yourselves on this..glyn
Wow! You both did an incredible job with this! I was happy and honored to write the lyrics for such an amazing track and Tammy, you have done a wonderful job adding the vocals! You have a beautiful voice and I loved the style you put into this! smile
Hi again Tammy, Jennifer, & Andy,

I thought I'd have another listen to see if I felt the same, Hmm, maybe, maybe not, maybe just a little faster then the first verse hah. Keep it or sweep it, just a suggestion. smile

Congratulations, I'm still a fan. cool

Hugs Michele
Hi to all,

GREAT WORK all over !

Tammy your vocals were just right

Andy-VERY IMPRESSIVE

and last but not least...Jennifer..
this is GREAT stuff... "I’m dead and yet I live"

Thanks for the cool entertainment !

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Hi Calvin!
Thanks for taking a listen. I'm glad you enjoyed. I was pleased with the task of writing lyrics for this great track of Andy's. I never imagined how awesome it would sound with the vocals added. Tammy has done a fantastic job once again. I definitely have become a fan of hers!

Sincerely,
Jinx
YOUALL--

I love it--Haunting and pensive--WRITE ON--

Mackie
Thanks for taking the time to listen guys. It's still a work in progress and it might change a lot before it's finished as I'm a bit in two minds about the chorus section. Not with the vocals just the guitar part as the more I listen to it I get the feeling that it over powers the vocals. I might also change the style o the drums.

So the song will get tweaked a bit when I get a spare second or two.

But thanks for all of the support it mean a lot. I just love hearing Tammy singing with a full band behind her.

Rgds
Andy
OK, First-Off, This is a fascinating, Lovely, Haunting Song you've all put-together. Very Dramatic, Lyrically, Vocally, Musically..the Musical Shift from Verses to Choruses is VERY Dramatic. (Tho Tammy either needs to take a bit more time singing "YOUR promises"...or just drop the "Your" from line 1.)

The Guitar Work on the Outro, while truly elegant, runs this into the 4:28 mark...which makes for a pretty-hefty "Demo"..& may or may not help future Airplay Opportunities.

That Said, this is a Really BEAUTIFUL Sad-Yet-Survivor's Song, & CONGRATS to the Whole Bunch of Yas. Each of you are Powerful...United, it's downright Invincible what you're creating. Good Luck with it!

Best Wishes & Big Hugs,
Stan
Hey guys,

That is just friggen awesome!

This is a beautifully written song. (Jinx,you rock, girl!)

The music fits both the lyric and vocal very well.

The parts I'm hearing which may be touched up, (well, the part) is the pc and c, Tammy's vocal seems to begin to get lost in the music and is almost a background to it. Sounds like she needs to be a bit more out front, but other than that I can't find a damn thing wrong with it.
I'm going in for another few listens!If I'm not back in twenty minutes, leave me alone...LOL
Hi everyone! Everyone I know who has heard this song on Tammy's site has had nothing but praise! I've had several people asking me how they can get it. Thank you again Andy for giving me a chance to write the lyrics for this amazing song. Thank you Tammy for giving voice to my words. I love it more everytime I listen!
Hi Tammy. I was wondering how I can get a copy of this? I keep having to log on everytime I want to hear it, which is alot! I really love it!

Sincerely,
Jinx
Hi Tammy, Jinx, and Andy! I would really love to hear this song but for some reason, I have a lot of trouble listening to songs on SoundClick and SoundCloud--99% of the time I can't get the songs to play. MySpace, ReverbNation, box.net, YouTube works just fine. Hope you guys can post this up at a non-SoundClick/SoundCloud site.

Cheers, R1NGG1T
Wonderful job all three of you. You should be very proud of what you have put together.

Rod
R1NGG1T,

I have this song posted on reverbnation here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/#/tamsnumber4

Also, "I'll Be On My Way" and "The Dream" will both begin roation on an on-line radio station tomorrow:

www.hardcoremix.com

Thanks for bumping up the song!!!

Tammy
Hi Tammy! That's wonderful news about both songs. I love "The Dream" as well.It was the first one I heard of yours. Congrats!

Sincerely,
Jinx
Came back to listen again..and it's still sounding great...sounds like a hit to me...great song...see collabs can bring wondering things...glyn
Thanks Glynda! I keep returning for another listen too. Check out the radio site and vote for us!!!

Thanks,
Jinx
Great job by all three. Love the build-up to and through the chorus. Enjoyed my listen.

Rick
Jen, what radio site is it and i'll for sure do it.glyn
Hi Glynda! Here's the link. Click on the Vote link on the right hand side when you get there and scroll down 'til you find it. Thanks!

http://www.hardcoremix.com/
ok doing it now..thanks...glyn and you're welcome...
Thank you so much! I am thrilled Tammy did this. She has such talent and is great for promoting the songs as well. I don't know what to do most of the time. I just write.:)
The song is pretty, but listening to it hurts...

Please guys, do something about the mix. The pretty music is just on the right (mono) and Tammy´s beautiful vocals are just left (mono)...
Wow, this song could be a major hit if given a full production job.

One of those tracks that would work as an AOR number or as a trip hop dance track.

It's really poignant. The sort of piece that, once it's established in people's memories after the #1 hit single, I could imagine being used frequently to heighten emotions during tense scenes in TV programmes and films.

Someone has got to get you out of that bathroom-based home studio and into a proper recording facility, Tammy.

Andy is a major talent with the composition and the arrangement.

Great lyric too.
Originally Posted by Martin G

Please guys, do something about the mix. The pretty music is just on the right (mono) and Tammy´s beautiful vocals are just left (mono)...

Hi Martin
Thanks for he listen but I think you've got something wrong with your setup. The mix is good.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for taking a listen to the track. It's still a bit rough but when Abbey Road is free I'll get it finished smile

Rgds
Andy
Originally Posted by Martin G

I didn't get that when I listened to it. I'd say there was something wrong with your playback system but, if it can separate a stereo mix like that, I'm impressed. wink
Hi Martin. I agree your setup must be malfunctioning. It plays fine on my computer and on the radio site it sounds even better! I was fortunate enough this am to go at just the right time 'cause they played it shortly after I got there. Thanks for the listen.

Sincerely,
Jinx
Hi Steve! Thank you for listening and commenting. I am so glad you enjoyed! Andy and Tammy have done fantastic with this one! Have you gone to the radio site yet to vote? We need votes to keep the airplay going. It sounds even more amazing when heard there! I appreciate the feedback. Even if it wasn't mith my lyrics I'd keep listening. I loved the track when Andy first sent it to me and I was a fan of Tammy's the first time I heard "The Dream". She definitely deserves the right to a real recording studio if she can pull off what she van in her shower! Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jinx
Thanks Tammy! I had a listen and...

Wow... what more can I say [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This is the kind of stuff I'd like to hear more of on the radio. Tighten up the production a bit and you're good to go. Overall, awesome job guys!

Tammy, you have a great voice--very distinct. Especially like your vocal performance on Sweetest Melodies.

Cheers, R1NGG1T
Hi everyone! I just checked the hardcoremix radio site and we have over 900 votes already! Not bad for the short time it's been there. Great job Tammy. I never would have thought to put it on such a site. Some people I talk to don't hear me when I tell them it is an online radio site. I wonder what would happen if enough people called up regular stations requesting the song? LOL.
Sweet!!!!
Great stuff, but the "I'll be on my way" line should really rise much more the end. I mean, more soaring, way above the instruments. I was dying to hear a stronger vocal in the mix.
Ott
Hi Ott. Thank you for taking time to listen and comment. Tammy has a great voice and has brought life to this wonderful song. It is doing well on the online radio site. It now has 1473 votes! Andy and Tammy both have some new songs posted too. I hope you will take time to go listen!

Thanks again!
Jinx/Jennifer
Originally Posted by papaG
What an amazing and haunting sound in the verse. I also love the prechorus buildup. I agree with Jeff about the 'Evanescense' feel. Somehow the chorus melody and the chorus musical chord progression seem to realy clash as if they were'nt in the same key or something. (Maybe this was intentional .. or maybe I'm just too traditional smile

Bridge/Outro is great ... with the singing "I'll be on my way."

Great recording, singing, and music.

Another wonderful song.

g

Great job on this song. I completely agree with the Evanescence comment. This song would be a good pitch for TV and film in my opinion.

Keep up the collabs Jennifer! Sounds like you're on your way.

Carlos
Hi Carlos!
Thanks for taking time to listen and comment. Yes this was a great collaboration. I loved the track the minute Andy sent it to me and Tammy is incredible. She has a great voice even without music but put when she sings with music it's amazing! I appreciate the comments.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
I am having trouble keeping up with this thread...but I have read everyones comments and I thank you for listening, voting and commenting!!

I suggest ANYONE to work with Jennifer, she can create amazing lyrics and Andy...he is just pure magic...

Tammy
Thank you Tammy for your kind words for me and confidence in my writing ability. I really enjoy the collaborations I have done and the friendships made. I look forward to more! Of course my writing just doesn't seem as good without the incredible vocals and music with them.

Sincerely,
Jennifer
You guys went outside the box on this and I'm glad you did. A very different path but it works. Andy I had heard the guitar before but now you are adding in so many other instruments and doing it well, whether real or digital. And Tammy your voice, wow! Nice lyrics Jennifer and nice to meet you.

A couple little things to consider

1. I think it would sing better if you have your 2nd pre Chorus (lift) the same length/meter as your first, your 2nd is longer.

2. I also think it would be nicer to have a bigger breathe between the first chorus and next verse.

3. Your Chorus gets alittle busy because it's fast so I think you could do away w/the word "somehow" in the 2nd line of the Chorus and you'll still have the rhyme of "away" and "pay" and that's enough. I think it would sing better for you that way.

Keep or sweep. Good job! cool

Best,
Lynn smile
I heard old "Heart" with this near perfect piece. Some excellent writing here, indeed.

Great job by all.

blues
Hi Lynn!
Thanks for taking a listen! BTW, which version did you hear? The version on Reverbnation is a bit smoother,with less difficulty hearing the lyrics. Andy sent me this great track and asked me to write for it. I'd never written for pre-existing music before. I really enjoyed it. Words seem to flow differently for me when the music is already there. Then Tammy joined in and did an incredible job with the vocals! I appreciate the feedback. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jennifer
Hi Blues,
Thanks for the kind feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed!We have over 2000 votes for it on the hardcoremix site so it is doing well.

Take care,
Jennifer
Love it when the guitar kicks in. smile
Hi Louis! Thanks for taking time to listen and comment. Yes, Andy has an amazing talent. I loved the track for this the 1st time I heard it! Have a great evening!

Sincerely,
Jinx
Missed this one somehow - glad it got bumped up again smile

I really love songs where the chorus comes flying at you like bullets - so I dig this one smile

Nice job all around folks - shows what the internet is GOOD for.

Only nit, and I appear to be alone on it so it might just be me, is here:

Hiding my pain
I act out my roles
And try to move on

Ignoring the pain

I might have used a different word than pain the second time around.....

Is a minor thing, I expect. Kudos to all of you!

Scott
Hi Scott!
Thanks for checking out our song. The track for this was unique and really caught my interest to write lyrics for it. Tammy and Andy have done wonderful job giving life to my words.Tammy also has it playing on Hardcoremix.com, an online radio station. She is doing a fantastic job promoting it! Again thanks for the feedback. smile

Take care,
Jennifer
Really great work, Tammy and Jen and Andy! I liked this a lot. Tammy just sails on this, and I especially liked the ending vocal adventures. The music and singing really blend well, and the lyrics set an atmosphere of longing that rocks nicely. Nice collaboration!
Thanks Mark! I'm glad you enjoyed! Tammy, Andy and I are working on a new song that should be done soon. They are both very talented and wonderful to work with.

Take Care,
Jennifer
Good lyric. Song sounds Amy Lee-ish except for the Stevie Ray licks on the backside. Liked it.
So happy to see this is still getting bumped up...

Also excited to see the great and powerful Oz likes it...oh, I meant Mark, very glad you stopped by sir!!

Mr. Bluesriff....you are next on my list...better watch out, or you will be working with me soon...It can happen..yes sir!!

Thanks Lynn, Louis, Scott and Martin for listening.

This song is still playing on the on-line radio station: www.hardcoremusic.com and we are up to 3,000 votes and this song is being lined up on the on-line station Jango and will be playing there soon.

Tammy
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards