'Cause I'm no saint, I'm no angel
But, I'm the bane of the enemy
The life I lead is the life I bleed
Between the lord and me

Some say I’m a rebel
'Cause I refuse to reconcile
Give an inch to the Devil
He always takes a mile

So, don't bother me with misconjecture...
Posted By: ckiphen Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 01:39 AM
Kick ass! Love the guitar!! Cudos pal.
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 01:42 AM
You made it too easy CK! wink
Posted By: ckiphen Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 01:56 AM
Email me a mp3 please. Would like to share with my sons.
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 02:23 AM
Click the link, then click the "Free" button with the down arrow smile

If you want the WAV file I can OneDrive it to you...
Posted By: ckiphen Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 02:25 AM
Sure thanks
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 03:05 AM
You're getting a real good guitar sound, and the metal/blues style is really cool. Is that a wah wah you're using?

I think you got the attitude the lyrics was trying to convey.

Its missing structure but its a nice romp and jam,
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 04:38 AM
CryBaby... baby! smile
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 02:00 PM
This is just great. It's a tour de force on the guitar and a great lyric. My favorite part is where the chorus takes off melodically with "Cause I'm no saint, I'm no angel." I wonder how that would sound with harmonies or even a choir behind it, a kind of gospel effect, matching the power of the vocals with that of the guitar. Or even just background "oohs."
Posted By: ckiphen Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 02:28 PM
Japov plays badass guitar! Sang and played with attitude as the lyric intended.
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by ckiphen

Whatever part of his anatomy he's playing it with, it works.
Posted By: VNORTH2 Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Originally Posted by ckiphen

Whatever part of his anatomy he's playing it with, it works.

Way too much information LOL

Steve
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 05:41 PM
The link does not work...but going to your page lets me hear this

Great song! AWESOME guitar work...

You are definitely alien goods smile

Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/14/21 09:09 PM
Well, what can I say? Guess I shoulda' cut my hair and started "vaping" years ago... lol wink

Thanks a lot guys!

You're always welcome to sing Gav smile
Posted By: ckiphen Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 02:23 AM
I absolutely cannot picture that!
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 05:45 AM
Lol... It's true my friend.

If you're a long time "pack-a-day" smoker, I highly recommend a disposable "flavored" vape! My sinuses have cleared, I sleep better, I breathe better, I've aired out the house and don't smell like smoke anymore, I have more energy, and I actually enjoy the different flavors lol... I haven't had a cigarette in six weeks and don't miss them at all! The argument against vaping has always been "You're just trading one habit for another". Which is true lol. However, in my case anyway, vaping seems to be a lot better for me. It's an entirely DIFFERENT habit. I don't stop and check to make sure I have it on me when I leave the house. I don't have to "indulge" just because I find myself in a situation where it's OK. I don't have to stop at the gas station just because I don't have one in the truck. In fact, it just sits next to the TV remote lol. Now, I haven't tried one of those expensive refillable futuristic battery pack bong looking things that DO have a very disincentive aroma. That seems really "hard core" to me! I just go for the cheap $10 disposable and that usually lasts me 2 weeks. I'm not trying to encourage everyone to vape lol. I'm just saying, if you're serious about quitting smoking, vaping has definitely been a very positive experience for me.

I only cut my hair because my arms got too short... smile
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 02:57 PM
Tony, in the UK, vapes have been used by the National Health Service to help people quit smoking. In the past, I think they were prescribed for free to people enrolled in stop smoking programs. The reasoning was that it's not good for you, but it's a heck of a lot better than cigarettes. At the same time, there were strict laws against advertising by the vape manufacturers because it was assumed (rightly, given what happened in the US) that this would be aimed at non-smokers, i.e. kids, with the aim of getting them hooked.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/using-e-cigarettes-to-stop-smoking/
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 05:00 PM
If Vaping helps you get off cigarettes, thats good, and congrats on being off them for 6 weeks. But try to get off the vaping too that will kill ya too.
Posted By: Marilyn Oakley Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 05:33 PM
Sweet track, love the performance and production, great guitar playing.
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Tony, in the UK, vapes have been used by the National Health Service to help people quit smoking. In the past, I think they were prescribed for free to people enrolled in stop smoking programs. The reasoning was that it's not good for you, but it's a heck of a lot better than cigarettes. At the same time, there were strict laws against advertising by the vape manufacturers because it was assumed (rightly, given what happened in the US) that this would be aimed at non-smokers, i.e. kids, with the aim of getting them hooked.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/using-e-cigarettes-to-stop-smoking/

Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
If Vaping helps you get off cigarettes, thats good, and congrats on being off them for 6 weeks. But try to get off the vaping too that will kill ya too.

Yeah', cowboys and cartoon camels lol, back when they were only .50c a pack and only the cool kids had'em! The good ol'days...

What I really don't like is the push for legal marijuana and CBD oils. People are always going to push the limits and kids are always going to be targets!
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/15/21 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Marilyn Oakley
Sweet track, love the performance and production, great guitar playing.

Thanks Marilyn! I had a little fun with this one and I think it shows wink
Posted By: Mackie H. Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/16/21 01:42 PM
cool song

Mackie
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/18/21 01:04 AM
Mr Mackie, good to see you back!

I hope I'm as cool as you when I'm in MY 80's wink
Posted By: IronKnee Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/18/21 05:07 AM
Love it, JAPOV............great theme, great lyrical message. Guitars are down right eeeeeeevilllllllllllll ;-)
Posted By: Bill Draper Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/30/21 11:21 PM
Holy smokes, Japov Sounds great...very focused good energy singing and lyric. Kudos!
Bill
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/31/21 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by IronKnee
Love it, JAPOV............great theme, great lyrical message. Guitars are down right eeeeeeevilllllllllllll ;-)

Oh, my babies only sound evil... wink
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Between The Lord And Me CK/JAPOV - 07/31/21 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Draper
Holy smokes, Japov Sounds great...very focused good energy singing and lyric. Kudos!
Bill

Thank you very much Bill!

BTW... https://e3d11129fc23b90f22d9444f956.../06/fc68b7e325df81e6e1a38663c9d7224a.mp3
Not so bad yourself smile
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards