JPF Home Page

I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback

Posted By: niteshift

I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/12/21 01:25 AM

Hey All,

At this time I have been going through some old work and the following song turned up.
Those of you who know me will recognize some of the vocalist, all of them are from JPF.

This song was never finished because I was not happy with the vocal arrangement and the shortage of female vocalist.

We did however manage to get this track done from 6 or 8 or more studio's across the world.

This happened 10years ago and the collaboration was brilliant. I am sure this will continue.

If there are any female vocalist that would like to put a top 3rd or a bottom 5th to add to the mix please send me an isolated tape.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=10233376

cheers
niteshift
Posted By: JAPOV

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/16/21 03:40 AM

Poor ol' Barry... gets no respect... frown
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/16/21 02:05 PM

Good job. I didn't recognize any of the vocals because I was not around here 10 years ago, but it must have been a fun project.
Posted By: VNORTH2

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/16/21 02:34 PM

The vocals need to be tightened up a lot.

Steve

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/17/21 11:48 PM

Hey Steve, yes, but I don't have the original stems. It was difficult mixing 8 or more vocal tracks from different studios so we'll have to let it be. A good and fun exercise in collabs though. smile

cheers, niteshift
Posted By: JAPOV

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/17/21 11:53 PM

Start another one! Modernize an old 50s tune smile
Posted By: VNORTH2

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/18/21 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by niteshift
Hey Steve, yes, but I don't have the original stems. It was difficult mixing 8 or more vocal tracks from different studios so we'll have to let it be. A good and fun exercise in collabs though. smile

cheers, niteshift

OK Got it lol!

Steve
Posted By: Travis david

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/18/21 07:13 AM

Nice view from the balcony.
Could never make my mind up on the B, M. don't exactly dislike him but he never made the earth move for me.
I like the idea of returning to songs on file, occasionally there's a diamond in the rough.
I think yes, the vocal needs to be tighter as Steve said, but I think it's a good take and what I heard I liked.
Cheers
John

Re: I Write The Songs - A JPF Collab Throwback - 05/18/21 10:22 PM

Hey John.

Thanks for the comments. yes, poor 'ol BM was considered Mr Cheezy, too sentimental and at one point was thought of as a bit of a joke in the industry. So, he laughed at himself and made a brilliant musical career.

I chose this song because of the lyrics. It is the song writer and producers that make an artist's career. There is many a good vocalist but few very good writers.

Agree about tightening the vocals, might try outboard compression. It won't fix the timing, but may tighten it up.

cheers, niteshift
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards