JPF Home Page

I've Got My Savior

Posted By: VNORTH2

I've Got My Savior - 03/07/21 10:55 PM

This song got a lot of air play in this part of the world back in 2011. One of my favorites. A little different approach musically.

https://soundcloud.com/user-944741980/ive-got-my-savior

Iíve Got My Savior

Iíve got my Savior
Close to me
Wrapped up in
His custody
Iíve got my Savior
Close to me
So close to me

Iíve got my Savior
He lights my way
Step at a time
And day by day
Iíve got my Savior
He lights my way
He lights my way

Chorus
Yes He is the one
Who died for every sin
Placed upon a cross
Thatís what was done to Him
Yet He still wants to set you free
Wants to be your Savior too
Because He loves you
Jesus died because He loves you

Iíve got my Savior
When things come undone
There He is
Godís only Son
Heís always there for me
When things come undone
And they come undone

Chorus

Iíve got my Savior
Heís all I need
Curing me of
My earthly greed
Iíve got my Savior
Heís everything I need
Everything I need

Iíve got my Savior
Iíve got my Savior
Iíve got my Savior
For all eternity

Steven McDonald © Copyright 2007
Posted By: JAPOV

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/07/21 11:47 PM

Who's playing that sax!?! smile
Posted By: IronKnee

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/11/21 06:16 AM

A very cool sound. I like the whole venture.
I was thinking "I've Got My Savior (Close To Me)"
I really like the "close to me" line. I think you should use it more within the lyric.
But, hey...............it's a great song. Love the premise................
Good stuff!!

-Tom

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/13/21 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by JAPOV
Who's playing that sax!?! smile

I could come up with a fake name but it is a sample

Steve
Posted By: JAPOV

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/13/21 11:18 PM

Still sounds great! I haven't figured out sampling yet... still wrapping my head around MIDI lol smile
Posted By: Bobby Wayne

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/14/21 09:31 PM

The music is absolutely stunning. Very professionally done and the sax part was truly exceptional. This is the kind of instrumental support that we all strive for and I give you kudos for it. I also think that your lyrics are very tight here and the vocal is perfect. There is really nothing that I could find to suggest an improvement on. Your final verse is your strongest and really the song with just the right sense of finality. Very nicely done. You're very good.

Bobby Wayne

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/15/21 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by IronKnee
A very cool sound. I like the whole venture.
I was thinking "I've Got My Savior (Close To Me)"
I really like the "close to me" line. I think you should use it more within the lyric.
But, hey...............it's a great song. Love the premise................
Good stuff!!

-Tom

Thanks, Tom, foe the listen and comment. Most appreciated.

Steve

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/18/21 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by JAPOV
Still sounds great! I haven't figured out sampling yet... still wrapping my head around MIDI lol smile

The samples out today are very good. I leave all of that to Jon who is a genius when it comes to manipulating samples.

Steve
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/19/21 04:16 PM

Yes, the sax is great, but what about the piano?! Great stuff! Very cool vibe - you don't get many religious songs like this. In fact, I don't remember hearing any. Not surprised it got a lot of airplay.

As for coming up with a fake name, I have Aldo Sachs playing on my stuff smile

Great job, Steve!
Posted By: Travis david

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/19/21 05:25 PM

I was expecting a late night smooth jazz tune when I initially played the intro.
It's a good one Steve and it shows that there are many ways of celebrating your faith
John

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/19/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Wayne
The music is absolutely stunning. Very professionally done and the sax part was truly exceptional. This is the kind of instrumental support that we all strive for and I give you kudos for it. I also think that your lyrics are very tight here and the vocal is perfect. There is really nothing that I could find to suggest an improvement on. Your final verse is your strongest and really the song with just the right sense of finality. Very nicely done. You're very good.

Bobby Wayne

Bobby Wayne

Thanks, so, much for the kind words. Most appreciated. Over the past 10 years I have produced 40+ songs with just my good friend Jon Hemingway and I in the room. Jon is a brilliant musician and singer as well as the engineer. He is a master at working with samples we use as much of what you hear are samples. The collaboration seems to work pretty well for us and at 74 it keeps me going. Once again thanks.

Steve

Re: I've Got My Savior - 03/22/21 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Yes, the sax is great, but what about the piano?! Great stuff! Very cool vibe - you don't get many religious songs like this. In fact, I don't remember hearing any. Not surprised it got a lot of airplay.

As for coming up with a fake name, I have Aldo Sachs playing on my stuff smile

Great job, Steve!

Thanks Gavin, Most appreciated. I try to take a different look in songwriting. I do write some P and W songs but mostly I write about relationships.

Steve

Re: I've Got My Savior - 05/13/21 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Travis david
I was expecting a late night smooth jazz tune when I initially played the intro.
It's a good one Steve and it shows that there are many ways of celebrating your faith
John

Thanks, John, for the listen and your kind comments. I don't think I ever want to live inside the box lol!

Steve
Posted By: lesleedp

Re: I've Got My Savior - 05/15/21 02:27 PM

Really smooth song. It's very soothing.

Re: I've Got My Savior - 06/23/21 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by lesleedp
Really smooth song. It's very soothing.

Thank you for the listen and comment, most appreciated,

Steve
Posted By: Fdemetrio

Re: I've Got My Savior - 06/25/21 04:59 AM

Sounds like Boz Scaggs, or Steeley Dan.

Never heard that kind of background for Christian music before, but I dont listen to Christian music so what do I know.

It sits nice in a 70's vibe to it. Sax does sound nice and fat, but one sure way to know if something is a sample, is by the melodies it plays. It wont sound anything like the melody of the song... lol, sometimes it sounds good enough to get by, which I think this does. Its gonna be in key too. Some players are more jammers than melodic, which you probably want when using samples.

Nice tune.
Posted By: John Voorpostel

Re: I've Got My Savior - 06/25/21 02:12 PM

Nicely done Steve...and now your brilliant We Don't make That Anymore is playing...love your sound...you and Jon make for a really solid pair

This is a bit unexpected, but jazzy P&W works for me

Builds nicely and a very strong ending..

Re: I've Got My Savior - 07/09/21 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
Sounds like Boz Scaggs, or Steeley Dan.

Never heard that kind of background for Christian music before, but I dont listen to Christian music so what do I know.

It sits nice in a 70's vibe to it. Sax does sound nice and fat, but one sure way to know if something is a sample, is by the melodies it plays. It wont sound anything like the melody of the song... lol, sometimes it sounds good enough to get by, which I think this does. Its gonna be in key too. Some players are more jammers than melodic, which you probably want when using samples.

Nice tune.

Thanks for the listen and comment Fd, most appreciated.

I do write and compose some more traditional P and W songs but mostly I write about relationships using more mainstream music. Most comments I get are similar to what you have said,,,oh that's different ...which is what I try to create.

Thanks again
Steve

Re: I've Got My Savior - 07/16/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Nicely done Steve...and now your brilliant We Don't make That Anymore is playing...love your sound...you and Jon make for a really solid pair

This is a bit unexpected, but jazzy P&W works for me

Builds nicely and a very strong ending..

Thanks, John, for the listen and comment. I like using difference genres of music when writing CCM. This got a lot of radio play years ago.

Steve
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards