en"> SPF 15 - Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards
JPF Home Page

SPF 15

Posted By: Two Singers

SPF 15 - 07/10/20 04:20 AM

https://soundcloud.com/alananddi/aint-nuttin-to-it-1

Just a fun, quirky guitar instrumental I wrote and recorded back in 2007. It has a Latin-Pop flavor. Thanks in advance for listening and any comments you might care to leave. One question ... is it recorded too hot (loud)? My computer sound system has been pretty unreliable since the last Windows 10 update. The volume seems to vary considerably from one song to another, but all of which were recorded at the same level..

I'll be back Saturday evening (possibly tomorrow evening) to listen and comment on some of your song. See ya then!

Also, that is my guitar on the song graphic. For those who may not know but are interested, it's a Stromberg Monterey. It has many of the sound characteristics of a Gibson ES 335.

Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Fdemetrio

Re: SPF 15 - 07/10/20 04:04 PM

None of that tasteful stuff allowed around here.....

Sounds like a nice swing jazz piece, enjoyed your playing.
Posted By: Vicarn

Re: SPF 15 - 07/10/20 04:55 PM

Not too loud from here, Alan.
The guitar sounds nice.
Vic
Posted By: 9ne

Re: SPF 15 - 07/10/20 05:05 PM

Nice little piece. I didn't get the Latin reference. There was a show my son watched when he was a child, (Art Attack?) where a man would gather objects like balls, mops, t shirts, whatever, and arrange them into an art piece. This is the type of music they'd play while he was arranging the material. Good stuff!
-Mike
Posted By: Fdemetrio

Re: SPF 15 - 07/10/20 05:20 PM

Yeah I had originally written that I didn't hear much Latin either. Then I listened again and assumed it was a Latin drum beat in the intro and ending.

Sounds very American jazz to me, still enjoyed.
Posted By: E Swartz

Re: SPF 15 - 07/13/20 01:29 AM

Two-S,

A real treat--kind of Venturesesk but a little jazz added!

steady-eddie
Posted By: Dave Rice (D)

Re: SPF 15 - 07/22/20 03:25 PM

Morning, Alan:

I didn't get the "Latin Vibe" unless the ending covered that base? No matter, my friend... it is bouncy, up-beat and seems to incorporate folk, jazz, country and carribbean elements into one tasty tune. Chet must be smiling and I'm certain the "Film Folks" are needing all or part of this composition to enlighten us with the mood it generates.

Best of luck with it... and send more soon. I had no idea you played so well. Would have taken me 37 "takes" and significant "editing!" LOL!

All my best, ----Dave
Posted By: John W. Selleck

Re: SPF 15 - 07/25/20 10:44 PM

Hi Allen,
Yeah, Chet would have loved it, but Latin? I am getting more of a bouncy/reggae feel. "Don't worry, be happy". I like it a lot. thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair

Re: SPF 15 - 07/27/20 04:37 AM

Bouncy, feel good music. I enjoyed it. Kind of jazzy reggae? I don't know how to define it, but I enjoyed it. smile
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
None of that tasteful stuff allowed around here.....

Sounds like a nice swing jazz piece, enjoyed your playing.



Hi Fd

Thanks so much ... I appreciate those kind words! Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Vicarn
Not too loud from here, Alan.
The guitar sounds nice.
Vic


Thanks, Vic. Glad you en joyed the listen. Thanks again! Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by 9ne
Nice little piece. I didn't get the Latin reference. There was a show my son watched when he was a child, (Art Attack?) where a man would gather objects like balls, mops, t shirts, whatever, and arrange them into an art piece. This is the type of music they'd play while he was arranging the material. Good stuff!
-Mike


Hi Mike ...

Thanks for stopping in and having a listen. Glad it sits well in your ears. As far as the Latin reference ... that's my error. I have three version of the song and thought I'd posted the one with a Latin complement. This is more of a light Reggae arrangement.

Take care. Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
Yeah I had originally written that I didn't hear much Latin either. Then I listened again and assumed it was a Latin drum beat in the intro and ending.

Sounds very American jazz to me, still enjoyed.



I clarifies that issue in my reply to Mike (9ne). Error on my part!

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by E Swartz
Two-S,

A real treat--kind of Venturesesk but a little jazz added!

steady-eddie


Thanks so much, Eddie. Yeah, I get the Jazzy Ventures reference. I nevere thought of it that way, but I think you're right. Thanks for the listen!

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Morning, Alan:

I didn't get the "Latin Vibe" unless the ending covered that base? No matter, my friend... it is bouncy, up-beat and seems to incorporate folk, jazz, country and carribbean elements into one tasty tune. Chet must be smiling and I'm certain the "Film Folks" are needing all or part of this composition to enlighten us with the mood it generates.

Best of luck with it... and send more soon. I had no idea you played so well. Would have taken me 37 "takes" and significant "editing!" LOL!

All my best, ----Dave


HI Dave ...

I always appreciate when you drop in for a listen and leave a comment or two. I explained the Latin reference in my reply to Mike (9ne). Error on my part. I like the "tasty" comment ... that's pretty nice! Many thanks for your never ending loyalty to my music over the past almost 20 years, and the wonderful comments you always leave for me. I truly appreciate all that.

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by John W. Selleck
Hi Allen,
Yeah, Chet would have loved it, but Latin? I am getting more of a bouncy/reggae feel. "Don't worry, be happy". I like it a lot. thanks for sharing.


Hi John ...

Always a treat when you drop in for a listen. I have 3 versions of the song. I thought I'd uploaded the Latin version ... wrong! The Reggae reference is the correct version I uploaded. Thanks for the nice words ... much appreciated.


Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Bouncy, feel good music. I enjoyed it. Kind of jazzy reggae? I don't know how to define it, but I enjoyed it. smile



Hello Gavin ...

Thanks much for the visit. You're correct about the Reggae commernt ... I thought I'd load the Latin version rather then the Reggae version. Oh well ... so much for what I think I'm doing! Glad you enjoyed it.


Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/28/20 12:32 AM

Hi everyone ... will be over to listen to some of you later tonight. Looking forward to it!

Alan
Posted By: Deej56

Re: SPF 15 - 07/30/20 03:44 AM

Alan,

Iím not one to gravitate to instrumentals . . . but this is a fresh, fun listen. As far as your question, Iíd say the recording is slightly hot. Relative to the other songs Iíve listened to tonight, I had to dial the volume down a tad. But the mix as a whole is just fine, so maybe drop the master track a decibel or two. Very well done . . . not a surprise, as all your stuff is top-notch.

Hope all is well in your world.

Deej
Posted By: Two Singers

Re: SPF 15 - 07/30/20 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Deej56
Alan,

Iím not one to gravitate to instrumentals . . . but this is a fresh, fun listen. As far as your question, Iíd say the recording is slightly hot. Relative to the other songs Iíve listened to tonight, I had to dial the volume down a tad. But the mix as a whole is just fine, so maybe drop the master track a decibel or two. Very well done . . . not a surprise, as all your stuff is top-notch.

Hope all is well in your world.

Deej




Hi Deej ...

Always great to hear from you! Okay, I'll back the volume off a decibel or two. This was recorded about 8 years ago, I was pretty much a rookie at recording back then ... still sound like I am at times! Thansk much. Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards