JPF Home Page
Posted By: MidniteBob In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 02:51 PM
Okay, fine. I've been finally goaded into opening a Soundclick page. I've managed to upload a few songs, but don't know how to get them to appear on my page and my head hurts from trying to figure it out.

Is there a button thingie that I'm missing? Or do they need approval, or will they appear after a few days?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Midnite
Posted By: Joice Marie Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 03:16 PM
should be there right away

are you on the band page under songs ?
Posted By: Joice Marie Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 03:20 PM
make sure that you set up a BAND account
Posted By: MidniteBob Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 03:41 PM
Thanks Joice. I set up a band account, but if you say they should be there right away, then I'm probably missing something.

Maybe I'll put on another pot of coffee and take a nap while it brews:-)

Will keep at it, sporadically...Although it does say that they have to approve the account first, so maybe once they've done that I'll be good to go?

Whoopsies.....Editing to say that they just now showed up!!!

Midnite
Posted By: Roy Cooper Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 04:00 PM
Ok Midnite... Please give the link now..

God Bless Roy and Helen
Posted By: Tom Shea Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 05:04 PM
We want the link

Tom
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Joice Marie
should be there right away
This only applies to existing accounts.

Songs do not appear straight away for new accounts. The account needs to be approved first. So give it 24 hours and it should be ok - Once the account is live, your songs will appear immediately after upload.
Posted By: MidniteBob Re: In need of Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tom Shea
We want the link

Thanks a bunch for asking Roy & Tom....As soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll be sure to add it here.

Midnite
Tom
Posted By: MidniteBob Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 09:14 PM

Okay, I've been able to get everything going, including downloading some songs, but they're not showing up on my homepage.

I've searched for the answer, but am making no progress, and the World Cup Final is about to start.

Do you need to be a VIP to get your songs on your home page? Do I need to get a teenager from down the street to help?

Go ORANGE!!!!!

Midnite
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by MidniteBob

I've searched for the answer, but am making no progress
Did you read my post?
Posted By: MidniteBob Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 10:43 PM
Yeah Nigel, thanks for that. I actually opened the account in 2005, but never did anything with it, so it seems like it should work right away. Regardless, I think I 'll just take your advice and chill for a day.

Midnite
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 11:14 PM
Midnite
assuming you had the songs encoded to the correct MP3 bitrate (it used to be 128 kbps for a free account)you should have been able to play the song as soon as it uploaded.

If you could not play the song from the upload page it did not upload. If it does play the song is there. You must hit the post now button or the song won't be on your page.
Also you can add the lyrics and other song info on that page but you must hit the save changes button at the bottom.

Hope this helps. If you are doing this procedure it should work.

I tried to search for your page but without knowing what you call yourself, no luck.
I tried MidniteBob. nothing came up
Posted By: MidniteBob Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/11/10 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Robinson
Midnite
assuming you had the songs encoded to the correct MP3 bitrate (it used to be 128 kbps for a free account)you should have been able to play the song as soon as it uploaded.

If you could not play the song from the upload page it did not upload. If it does play the song is there. You must hit the post now button or the song won't be on your page.
Also you can add the lyrics and other song info on that page but you must hit the save changes button at the bottom.

Hope this helps. If you are doing this procedure it should work.

I tried to search for your page but without knowing what you call yourself, no luck.
I tried MidniteBob. nothing came up

Thanks Bill, & everyone. It may have been the "post now" button that I was missing.

Seems to be working now....I think....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1085431

At least that'll do 'til I have more time.

'Preciate it Folks!!

Midnite

Posted By: Kurt Fortmeyer Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/12/10 12:25 AM
What's with the numbers after the song titles?
Posted By: WriterTomYeager Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/12/10 12:31 AM
get the teenager-Midnite

I think you are in way over your head here

gotta call in the calvary-lol

Tom
Posted By: Roy Cooper Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/12/10 12:38 AM
Midnite

Just go to the edit songs and change the title on each one to remove the numbers.

songs - edit songs then change the title.

Just change thje title and click update.

Soundclick by default gives the song title with the song upload number.

You will have to do that to each song.
Roy and Helen
Posted By: Todd Strachan Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/12/10 04:52 AM
You're up and running MB. Nice job on Shopping list. If you want to give out specific songs click on full song info, right clik on share url box, left click and copy the link. Then add it on your post.

Todd
Posted By: Nadia Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/13/10 09:39 AM
Cool songs Midnite. I like "Misery loves company" best smile

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=936270
Posted By: MidniteBob Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/13/10 10:50 AM
Thanks Nadia(& all of ya who helped talk me down from the ledge), glad ya liked "Misery". Anonymous:-) & I never quite got around to tightening up the lyrics, but I really liked the melody & soul that she gave it.

Gonna eventually add more songs in various stages of development, but at least it's a start.

Midnite
Posted By: Nadia Re:In need of More Sounclick advice - 07/15/10 02:11 PM
You are very welcome Midnite. Looking forward to hearing more of your songs smile

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=936270
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards