JPF Home Page
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Note to all - 11/28/20 12:57 PM
I am going to be consolidating ALL the political and CV posts into one mega post. For those who want to participate in those bloodsports, that will be your place. In 2021, we plan to relaunch a website and reengage the 89K members who are not registered here. I just want folks to know their posts were not deleted, simply relocated. We are wrapping up this years election season and the CV is likely here to stay so one post can handle all of it. If new ones pop up, I will likely relocate them as well. I haven't decided which post to make the master yet or if I am going to create a new one for this.

I may on occasion post something myself that dips into these topics, which I reserve for myself in case there's truly an urgent news issue. Once it runs it's course, I will then transfer it to the master post. This has been requested by many of you so thanks to all your suggestions.

We are a community here. There are less of us through attrition but I care about all of you, including those who disagree with everything I say. As long as people don't make personal attacks disagreement is fair game, be it me or anyone else. We need to be able to disagree and argue so that the best ideas are heard. They are almost never popular to start, but start they must or a darkness will fall on all of us together.

Thanks to nearly everyone who has engaged passionately without turning it personal. By personal I mean you should not be saying "Joe you are X (with X being an attack" X you are wrong is fine. People believing X are wrong is fine. 70 million people being 1 negative thing is the foundation of bigotry. We all make mistakes. If you make one, fix it and we all move on. Let's all try to do better. We may well need each other more than we currently know.

Thanks, and let's hope that 2021 see some light at the end of the tunnel, or that we at least don't add to the trouble.
Posted By: Kevin Emmrich Re: Note to all - 11/28/20 02:20 PM
Seems that combining all political threads into one thread would be messy at best. Probably better off (in my opinion) to lock all the political threads and start a new politics only thread. The coronavirus thread has been mostly about coronavirus, but with some political tangents. You could keep that one or lock it and start a new one.
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: Note to all - 11/28/20 02:22 PM
I will consider the idea, thanks.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards