JPF Home Page
Posted By: Moker Jarrett A Star Is Born - 10/05/18 10:33 AM
Cher and I saw this on opening night last evening! Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga immersed themselves into the characters well. Of course we all know what a great performer Lady G is, but of the two Bradley's acting chops made his performance one to remember. We don't do as much in the way of trekking down to the movie theaters in this digital age, but this one got us off the couch and is highly recommended for music lovers!
Tonight we're going to see Delbert McClinton, "Givin' It Up for Your Love" among other hits, at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall. I'll do a quick review on that this weekend.
Enjoy life, no one knows how much time we have!
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: A Star Is Born - 10/05/18 03:21 PM
I heard Cooper had a great voice that he didnt know he had, and worked for the entire time he was given on learning to play the guitar, which he never did before

Shows what you can do if you have a reason
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: A Star Is Born - 10/05/18 05:47 PM
First there was Judy Garland/ James Mason, then Barbra Streisand/Kris Kristofferson , and now Lady Gaga/ Bradley Cooper. Yes, I definitely have to see it. Maybe Sunday. Lady Gaga is especially great at singing the old standards. As far as acting, I think she'll be another Cher.

John smile
Posted By: Moker Jarrett Re: A Star Is Born - 10/07/18 11:55 PM
Yes Cooper's voice was really good, I'm pretty sure they gave him about 20,000,000 reason$ to get it down! It was well done.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards