JPF Home Page

Guitar solo needed for my Helen

Posted By: Roy Cooper

Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 04:47 AM

Helen is sedated now for pain and will not recover so I am waiting for my sweet Helen to pass over.

I need someone to do a simple recording for me to play at her funeral.

I have re-written the lyrics to a song that Helen wrote many years ago, so it will be half her words and half mine, and I would love to play it at her funeral, as it will be so hard to say.

I have the original with music and vocals but the backing track has long gone

If you can help please let me know and I will send them to you

I will post it when finished as I know that she would love that and she always listened to every comment when I or we posted a song.

God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: RonnieDean

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 12:57 PM

I'd do it but I'm getting kinda sloppy in my old age. If I don't practice new music for days first.
That said, you can send it over to ron at uarservices dot kom and I'll give it a go tonight.

A chord chart and track should be enough.
Posted By: Barry David Butler (D)

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 01:19 PM

I am so sorry Roy that you guys are going through this.
I'm not sure what you are asking and I don't think I could do it anyway but hope somebody can.
I'm good at taking lyrics and making it into a song and sing it but not what you are asking.
AGAIN....I will Pray for Helen that she has a safe trip to Heaven and also that you will be ok too. Heaven is a real place and she will be fine and in the hands of God Almighty.....Barry...
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieDean
I'd do it but I'm getting kinda sloppy in my old age. If I don't practice new music for days first.
That said, you can send it over to ron at uarservices dot kom and I'll give it a go tonight.

A chord chart and track should be enough.


That will be wonderful Ronnie and God Bless from both of us.

I will send the stuff to you.

Thanks again Roy
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barry David Butler
I am so sorry Roy that you guys are going through this.
I'm not sure what you are asking and I don't think I could do it anyway but hope somebody can.
I'm good at taking lyrics and making it into a song and sing it but not what you are asking.
AGAIN....I will Pray for Helen that she has a safe trip to Heaven and also that you will be ok too. Heaven is a real place and she will be fine and in the hands of God Almighty.....Barry...


Thanks so much Barry and Ronnie is going to do it for me. JPF has always been about friendships and I am blessed to have so many here.

Ronnie cannot do the song as he is not a vocalist, but I am so pleased that he made the offer...

Thanks for the prayers and God Bless from me and Helen[b][/b]
Posted By: Iggy

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 01:45 PM

Roy, as somebody who recently went through what you are facing, I am saddened to hear all of this. While I am a very spiritual person, the gift of religion was never given to me. The weeks leading up to my wife’s passing I was bombarded with religious sights, symbols and visits. I firmly believe angels were all around us helping her transition.

Take this precious time to talk to her and let her know you’re there. The angels will help the two of you get through this.

Stay strong.
Posted By: Barry David Butler (D)

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 02:18 PM

I am not religious but believe in God and Angels.
Many of us have Guardian Angels but not all.
Every living thing on this planet dies and every hundred years there is a complete turn over. SO what happens after we die nobody really knows. It might be we cease to exist or we move on.
I write many Songs about Angels and one in particular is called Angel By The Side Of The Road. I love that song.
There is an Amazing Book called The Urantia Book (Urantia means Planet Earth) that I found 20 years ago that completely changed my life. It's on line for free. It explains where we go after we die.....It explains how it's done and it's amazing. It also explains who Jesus is.......
God Bless us All....Barry...SORRY Iggy.....I'm 72 and sick and I guess I'll find out what the story is pretty soon. I don't mind dying but I don't want to be there when it happens....lol
Posted By: RonnieDean

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 05:41 PM

Barry, you might have to take this "gig" after all. I was unaware Roy wanted it sung too. I can't carry a tune well enough.
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 05:46 PM

Still looking for someone who can help...

I need the tune doing and vocals....

God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Iggy
Roy, as somebody who recently went through what you are facing, I am saddened to hear all of this. While I am a very spiritual person, the gift of religion was never given to me. The weeks leading up to my wife’s passing I was bombarded with religious sights, symbols and visits. I firmly believe angels were all around us helping her transition.

Take this precious time to talk to her and let her know you’re there. The angels will help the two of you get through this.

Stay strong.



Thanks for the lovely thoughts, and good vibs

God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry David Butler
I am not religious but believe in God and Angels.
Many of us have Guardian Angels but not all.
Every living thing on this planet dies and every hundred years there is a complete turn over. SO what happens after we die nobody really knows. It might be we cease to exist or we move on.
I write many Songs about Angels and one in particular is called Angel By The Side Of The Road. I love that song.
There is an Amazing Book called The Urantia Book (Urantia means Planet Earth) that I found 20 years ago that completely changed my life. It's on line for free. It explains where we go after we die.....It explains how it's done and it's amazing. It also explains who Jesus is.......
God Bless us All....Barry...SORRY Iggy.....I'm 72 and sick and I guess I'll find out what the story is pretty soon. I don't mind dying but I don't want to be there when it happens....lol



Thanks Barry and I love the end quote

God Bless from us both
Posted By: David Gill

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 07:19 PM

Roy,

May I listen to the song you have, please?

Peace,

Dave
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by David Gill
Roy,

May I listen to the song you have, please?

Peace,

Dave


Iv'e emailed them to you Dave

and thanks so much

God Bless Roy and Helen
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/24/18 11:15 PM

Arr well,

Dave had a listen and although he thought it was beautiful, he thought that he couldn't do it justice,
Originally Posted by David Gill
Roy,

May I listen to the song you have, please?

Peace,

Dave


Thanks Dave for having a look see.

Arr well,

Dave had a listen and although he thought it was beautiful, he thought that he couldn't do it justice, so back to square one

Anyone out there, God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/25/18 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Iggy
Roy, as somebody who recently went through what you are facing, I am saddened to hear all of this. While I am a very spiritual person, the gift of religion was never given to me. The weeks leading up to my wife’s passing I was bombarded with religious sights, symbols and visits. I firmly believe angels were all around us helping her transition.

Take this precious time to talk to her and let her know you’re there. The angels will help the two of you get through this.

Stay strong.


Iggy, I am so sorry to hear this, I apparently missed it... this whole year has been learning of my Mom's health crises, months in ICU and home hospice, her passing and service and grieving which is ongoing. I am so sorry I was unaware of this... between the never ending music awards consuming every waking moment of my life to the loss I feel like it should still be 2015 since I haven't been free of this since early in that year.
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/25/18 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Roy Cooper
Arr well,

Dave had a listen and although he thought it was beautiful, he thought that he couldn't do it justice,
Originally Posted by David Gill
Roy,

May I listen to the song you have, please?

Peace,

Dave


Thanks Dave for having a look see.

Arr well,

Dave had a listen and although he thought it was beautiful, he thought that he couldn't do it justice, so back to square one

Anyone out there, God Bless from me and Helen



Roy, I reached out to Jody Whitesides and he said said he will do it, send him a copy to Jody@jodywhitesides.com and make sure you give him instructions and your contact info if he has questions. He said he'd do it today but I only saw this moments ago so hopefully he can get it done in time for you. -Brian
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/25/18 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Austin Whitney
Originally Posted by Roy Cooper
Arr well,

Dave had a listen and although he thought it was beautiful, he thought that he couldn't do it justice,
Originally Posted by David Gill
Roy,

May I listen to the song you have, please?

Peace,

Dave


Thanks Dave for having a look see.

Arr well,

Dave had a listen and although he thought it was beautiful, he thought that he couldn't do it justice, so back to square one

Anyone out there, God Bless from me and Helen



Roy, I reached out to Jody Whitesides and he said said he will do it, send him a copy to Jody@jodywhitesides.com and make sure you give him instructions and your contact info if he has questions. He said he'd do it today but I only saw this moments ago so hopefully he can get it done in time for you. -Brian



Thanks so much Brian, I have sent the material to him.

God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/25/18 12:48 PM

Roy, my thoughts are with you and Helen at this time.

So fine that Jody will do the song for you. It will be wonderful, and something beautiful to accompany Helen.
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/25/18 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaMarilyn
Roy, my thoughts are with you and Helen at this time.

So fine that Jody will do the song for you. It will be wonderful, and something beautiful to accompany Helen.


Thanks Donna and who knows, all the thoughts and prayers may be helping as Helen is very contented at the moment and pain free.

I can't wait to see what Jody comes up with and like you, I am sure that it will be wonderful

God Bless to JPF and all who frequent it, from me and Helen
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/25/18 05:28 PM

Great that Jody is doing this. You'll be getting the best of the best. Sandra & I are still sending prayers.

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 01:07 AM

Thanks Donna for the prayers and also big thanks to John and Sandra for their prayers.

Jody has done me a beautiful track and his voice is wonderful, but someone else is also doing it as well, so I will choose which one I like the most for the day.

But I want to publicly thank Jody for taking of his time to do this for me for me and Helen, what a great human he is, and a credit to JPF.

God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: Sue Rarick

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 03:32 AM

A few months ago I was going into surgery that they gave me last rites and even the doctor said she wasn't all that hopeful I'd make it through -- My thought at the time was - well I've had a good life and done more good than bad -- I was at peace -- I'm praying Helen is in that place of calm and will pass comfortably. Good people go to good places and what suffering she has endured will be over and she'll have an eternity of smiles.
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Roy Cooper
Thanks Donna for the prayers and also big thanks to John and Sandra for their prayers.

Jody has done me a beautiful track and his voice is wonderful, but someone else is also doing it as well, so I will choose which one I like the most for the day.

But I want to publicly thank Jody for taking of his time to do this for me for me and Helen, what a great human he is, and a credit to JPF.

God Bless from me and Helen


Roy,

Did you ask him to sing as I thought you wanted a track you could sing to? I wanted to make sure wires didn't get crossed. I am sure he could send you the track minus vocals too if he didn't already. Big thanks to Jody for so quickly getting it done.
Posted By: Colin Ward

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 11:19 AM

Roy,

Sorry to hear about Helen's condition. Best to you as you go through this awful time.

Colin
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Austin Whitney
Originally Posted by Roy Cooper
Thanks Donna for the prayers and also big thanks to John and Sandra for their prayers.

Jody has done me a beautiful track and his voice is wonderful, but someone else is also doing it as well, so I will choose which one I like the most for the day.

But I want to publicly thank Jody for taking of his time to do this for me for me and Helen, what a great human he is, and a credit to JPF.

God Bless from me and Helen


Roy,

Did you ask him to sing as I thought you wanted a track you could sing to? I wanted to make sure wires didn't get crossed. I am sure he could send you the track minus vocals too if he didn't already. Big thanks to Jody for so quickly getting it done.


I couldn't sing Brian if my life depended on it, so Jody did sing it for me and he has a wonderful voice I have to say, and in record time.
I felt bad that I have gone for another one.

But all will become clear when I get the other persons version, and its got steel guitar which was and is Helen's favorite sound of all time. Mine too.

God Bless Roy and Helen
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Colin Ward
Roy,

Sorry to hear about Helen's condition. Best to you as you go through this awful time.

Colin


Thanks Colin for your kind thoughts

God Bless fro me and Helen
Posted By: Roy Cooper

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Rarick
A few months ago I was going into surgery that they gave me last rites and even the doctor said she wasn't all that hopeful I'd make it through -- My thought at the time was - well I've had a good life and done more good than bad -- I was at peace -- I'm praying Helen is in that place of calm and will pass comfortably. Good people go to good places and what suffering she has endured will be over and she'll have an eternity of smiles.


Thanks Sue for the kind thoughts. Helen is mostly peaceful, not 100%, but I pray she doesn't suffer.

God Bless from me and Helen
Posted By: RonnieDean

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Rarick
.My thought at the time was - well I've had a good life and done more good than bad --


I'd love to say good for you, but that's not how it works when you stand before your maker.
Posted By: Sue Rarick

Re: Guitar solo needed for my Helen - 04/26/18 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieDean
Originally Posted by Sue Rarick
.My thought at the time was - well I've had a good life and done more good than bad --


I'd love to say good for you, but that's not how it works when you stand before your maker.

Actually had 2 NDE's -- I think I have it sussed out - lol
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards