JPF Home Page
Posted By: Steve West Tillies' Bean Benefit this Saturday - 11/12/07 06:13 PM
Here's the press release that went out with all the info. I hope some of you can join us. I think I'll be playing from 3:30 to 4:00PM but there will be great music and fun all day. Thanks for your support.

Steve

BENEFIT FOR TILLIES' BEAN COFFEEHOUSE

Tillies Bean
2803 East 38th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406

Tel: 612-276-0100

Saturday, November 17th, 2007 from 8AM to 8PM

It has been a tough year for Tillie’s Bean in terms of additional costs that depleted their ready cash, for example the glass repairs from their recent breaking-and-entering incident. The cease-and-desist order against offering live music on the weekends caused a loss of revenue when they could not afford the initial license fee of over $600. In short, when it then came time to pony up some funds to the State of Minnesota, they couldn’t do it.

So in stepped the community of local musicians, artists and patrons of Tillies to organize a benefit on their behalf.

Tillies' Bean has many local musician friends who are offering a day of music that will include a silent auction of donated artworks and other collectible items as a fund-raiser for them on Saturday, Nov. 17, to be held at Tillie’s Bean, 2803 East 38th Street in Minneapolis. The event is scheduled from 8am-8pm, with the Music starting around 9am. The silent auction closes at 6pm. There will also be many “buy it now” options on some donated items as well as a cake walk and other fun activities. It would be a great time to pick-up holiday gifts for yourself or others.

So come join us for a day of community, music, fun and a silent auction.

Thanks for all your support!
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards