JPF Home Page
Folks,

I see no one has used this in over a month. Any reason?

Brian
Hi Brian!

I am always busy with either watching grandkids, (just got home a few minutes ago), going to see my 93 year old mom, and working on sessions for Sub, when I have the ears not bleeding. I, like many others I bet, like to check in on this and other forums though. Even if someone doesn't post a new challenge in a while, when someone does, there;s chance for folks to take part, or to just observe and get something out of it.

It might be closed,,,,then a member goes to find it for their challenge idea that could be really cool,,,but if not there whenever the muse appears, much could be lost. ???
Brian, I usually start by reading what everyone has to say, then what their new song are, then look to go back in time. (last post date) So far I haven't had time to check out the challenges. Please, can they stay there? I'll try to read and learn faster.

Pam
It seems the last challenge was Challenge #48
Posted back in August if you look to see the date
We all can use a place to go to stir the muse inside
I think this Board is wonderful and hope that it survives
We love our little challenge board so please donít pull the plug
Perhaps the moderators just need a little nudge!!
smile

To be honest, I didn't even know there was a "Creative Challenge" board. Or what the purpose of it is. Can someone tell me what the purpose of it is?
If you need someone to post challenges, I could do it. If that's the problem, I mean. If the problem is a lack of interest in challenges, then I think it should be closed.
It seems to me that when we had the challenges in the songwriting forum, it was more prominent and more widely read and participated in. Once it was moved down further on the page, it had less participation.
Hey how about a challenge for a song with the word "Valentine" in it since Valentine's is right around the corner. I have one in stock. Moderators are you out there????? Hello, hello anybody out there, hello, hello......
Posted By: adf Re: Hi Folks: Do we still need this board? - 02/08/12 02:02 AM
I've never noticed the board either, but I'd welcome a creative challenge. My pen is poised.

Andy
A pen that's poised can make alot of noise!! smile
Posted By: adf Re: Hi Folks: Do we still need this board? - 02/08/12 11:57 PM
Not as noisy as a computer keyboard though.
When time is of the essence the keyboard is my preference! smile
Our lovely Jean may have a point
About the Challenge Forum
She mentions itís location
As being somewhat foreign
She thought itíd have more traffic
It it were moved up higher
More traffic more participants
More challenges inspire
As boards go itís my favorite
And so hard to resist
I found it sad but interesting
Some donít know it exists
Beyond the fact it stirs the muse
There is an extra plus
Collaborations sometimes spawn
Thatís why this boardís a must!!! smile
Originally Posted by Dan Sullivan
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a "Creative Challenge" board. Or what the purpose of it is. Can someone tell me what the purpose of it is?

Its kind of like a JPF-wide home work assignment. Someone, most often Jean, posted an idea for a song and those who wanted to could then take it and run. Quite a few creative lyrics resulted.

Originally Posted by Meg Engell
If you need someone to post challenges, I could do it. If that's the problem, I mean. If the problem is a lack of interest in challenges, then I think it should be closed.

I agree with Meg: if no one is interested in doing challenges, this forum should be closed (or, at least, archived in some way so that the individual challenges can be read and people can do them even if they can't reply to them). If someone is willing to take the challenge of issuing challenges, then please keep it going.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards