JPF Home Page
Just Plain Folks L.A. chapter made history last night when JPF's founder, Brian Austin Whitney, joined our meeting via Skype on a laptop computer. We were able to see and hear Brian and he was able to hear and see us for the entire meeting. This was a groundbreaking first for JPF as Brian wants to be able to participate in chapter meetings around the world. And with this technology he can, and will!

Our featured speaker/performer was Bettie Ross, an award-winning composer, songwriter, arranger, pianist, organist, synthesist, and music prep professional. Among her accolades are her two JPF Awards in the 2009 competition--Solo Piano Album and Track from Solo Piano Album. Bettie spoke about versatility being the key to making a living in music.

Brian chimed in numerous times with excellent points based on his experiences in the industry and with JPF. All in attendance were part of something truly special with Brian's passion for and knowledge of where music has been and where it's going.

After Bettie treated us to her composition "December" on our Yamaha C5 Conservatory grand piano, we concluded the meeting with the song circle and post-meeting networking. A big thanks to Cyndie (my wife and caterer for our many events) for the excellent spread, and to those who brought something special for the potluck table.

Photos and captions of the meeting can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=64015&id=108068645886991

Looking forward to April's meeting...

Best,
Randall Michael Tobin
JPF LA Chapter Coordinator
I was there. I saw it happen. It was kinda, well, amazing.

Bettie Ross is absolutely amazing. I can totally see why she won the award last time.

But on top of that, to have Brian there to comment and participate in our meeting, was just the icing on the cake!

Best,
Dan Jablons
www.danjablons.com
Thanks Randall for the pictures and breaking ground with this! Looking forward to seeing you at our March Meeting Brian!

Linda Kraemer
OC Chapter
Hi gang! I am all signed up. Thank you to Bettie for introducing me to JPF. I am looking forward to interacting with all of you creative folks. It was great to meet the group that night and what a treat to meet Brian...ah... face to screen?...It was a pleasure to see how happy it made you, Randall. Hope to see y'all soon.
Hi gang! I am all signed up. Thank you to Bettie for introducing me to JPF. I am looking forward to interacting with all of you creative folks. It was great to meet the group that night and what a treat to meet Brian...ah... face to screen?...It was a pleasure to see how happy it made you, Randall. Hope to see y'all soon.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards