JPF Home Page
It's been a Long Week so when Wife & I attended "Michael Clayton" & endured the Usual Mountain of "Movie Facts", Dental Ads, & Previews, I was kinda tired when the Main Feature finally-arrived.

So, I don't know if it was Fatigue (Or a Bum Early-Plotline) that was confusing-enough to make me doze-off for the first 1/3 of the movie. During that Catnap, I recall George Clooney (As Michael Clayton) revealing he works for a Large (Yet Struggling to Merge) Law Firm..as a "Fixer/Bag-Man"..his Gambling Habit's placed his Side-Job Bar-Nightclub in-jeopardy..& the Law Firm's sweating a major & long-delayed Settlement in a Poisonous Pesticide case. LOOKS like the Plaintifs are worn-down enough to Settle-Affordably..AND the Law Firm will merge-Profitably. BUT things are Going-Dreadfully-Wrong..AND suddenly a Murder-Coverup Event makes this Movie VERY INTERESTING and impossible to doze off again.

So..get ready to understand that at times this Movie is HARD to Understand. But it's a lot like Real-Life, where Bad Guys (& Gals) Outnumber the Good Guys, your phone's gonna get tapped, your car's gonna get bombed, and if you can just figure out WHY The Bad Guys murdered your Co-Worker, you'll get a Bonus Check to bail out your Bar..and Maybe even Blackmail the Bad Guys outta $10 Mil & take a Cab Ride to Wherever...

Good Cinematography helps this rate a "6-Outta-10"..(Maybe even a "7" if I'd been Awake Earlier..I dunno.)

Clooney does a Fine Job playing a Vulnerable, Yet-Intelligent Good Guy, somehow-surviving in The Worst of Times. Made me wish I'd had more Starbucks by the end of the Flick.

JMO...Keep-or-Sweep!
Big Hugs,
Stan
I've heard this one is a free cable view only type.

Brian
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards