JPF Home Page
Posted By: Jim_L Video clip from the Tavern play... - 04/23/07 08:01 PM
Please visit my website for the link to a 25 meg WMV clip of the last scene (#10 Some Late Arrivals) of act 1 of The Tavern & The Storyteller (from Saturday night's performance - it's got the Fish song...).
Can you link it Jim? Also we just added a video feedback forum.

Brian
Posted By: Jim_L Re: Video clip from the Tavern play... - 04/28/07 04:13 PM
I can add the link from YouTube here if that's ok. here's what it would look like as it's embedded on my website page:
http://home.comcast.net/~castle.walls/tavern/songs.htm

p.s. where's the vid forum?
Posted By: Moosesong Re: Video clip from the Tavern play... - 05/01/07 05:35 AM
Wow. I'm really impressed with the set. The set is more elaborate than most commercial plays I've seen. Very nice. Haven't read the script yet, but read the cast of characters and it looks to have a lot of potential.
Posted By: Jim_L Re: Video clip from the Tavern play... - 05/01/07 02:55 PM
Thanks, I think it's all the detail of the set that makes it look cool. It's really just a small room (below), a stairway and an upper platform (bedroom) and a small fireplace & some wall lights. Now, if the stage was bigger (taller space), i would've written in a cellar scene with singing mice...

If you read the (pre-production) script and watch the video, you'll notice some major discrepancies in the performance (directorial disregards of direction & dialog) which really wound up destroying the story.

For instance, (script) William 'finishes off' Caducias by squirting him with ketchup. (performance) William stabs Caducias with the ketchup bottle (reason: not to get the costume dirty and possibly stain it and have to wash it each night. This wasn't a surprise ending, it's been in the script since day one but decided at the last minute not to do, little things like that that ruined the story...)
Posted By: Jim_L Re: Video clip from the Tavern play... - 05/01/07 02:57 PM
hey, Moosesong, any chance of finding and sending me a bag of Taco flavored Dorito's? I know they still sell them on the west coast. I haven't had any since the 70's...;>) Rotten fritolay people...;>(
Posted By: Moosesong Re: Video clip from the Tavern play... - 05/05/07 05:53 AM
I will keep an eye out for them. I saw some kind mexican flavor dorritos a while back in the store, I didn't look to see what the exact flavor was.
Posted By: Jim_L Re: Video clip from the Tavern play... - 05/06/07 03:19 AM
Just Taco... back in the 70's (least around here on the east coast) there were just 2 flavors - nacho cheese & taco...
Now we got cheese & beans and cheese and fish and cheese and dustmites and cheese and cheese and cheese and termites and cheese and motor oil and cheese and sawdust and pork rinds and cheese and skittles and...
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards