en Lifeguards & Gene Pools - Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards
leftWho's Online Nowleftregistered membersUser was last active 11 minutes ago.User was last active 1 hour ago.User was last active 2 hours ago.User was last active 2 hours ago.User was last active 4 hours ago.User was last active 7 hours ago.User was last active 7 hours ago.User was last active 9 hours ago.invisibleguests, andleftKey:AdminGlobal ModMod
/forum/ubb_js/shoutbox.js">
Shout Box
leftMember SpotlightleftPostsJoinedleftShow All Member Profiles
leftleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftalt-1 alvt">
The Seeds Would Grow
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
The Winner
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
Envious Heart
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:10 PM
The Voyager
by Gerry. 09/08/21 07:05 AM
"Not Just A Melody.".
by JAPOV. 09/07/21 09:51 PM
This old dog
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:54 AM
How Fast Are You Going (When You're Standing Still
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:40 AM
Lazing in the Sun
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:35 AM
"I Need A Cadillac....Jack!"
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:33 AM
Pedal & Synth Expo Oct.2-3, 2021 Free, Outdoors
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/06/21 02:24 PM
Resource List (In Progress)
by Brian Austin Whitney. 09/06/21 12:40 AM
Blending Political Discourse, Conspiracy Theories,
by WilliamMahler. 09/05/21 09:49 PM
Eco-Heroes Contest, Artists, Lower Emissions
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/05/21 01:16 PM
"How Songs Get Cut" with Rand Bishop
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/04/21 08:54 PM
Rivers of Destiny
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 07:59 PM
my recording set up
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 06:00 PM
They Live On
by rpirone. 09/04/21 05:51 PM
leftTop Posters(All Time)left
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#1179267 - 08/05/21 02:16 PM Lifeguards & Gene Pools  
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 10 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Lots of issues coming with the delta variant and its affect on unvaccinated people, and politicians are reversing course and laws against such precautions as masks and public gatherings

When the the official history of this and other events in the public eye are written, it's going to make people wish liars' pants actually caught fire

On a political level there are what appears to be these equations at work behind an individual seeking and holding an elected public office

I have to be seen as supporting "X" because it affects my ability to obtain "Y" for my constituents and helps my ability to raise funds for my re election

Sometimes bashing lifeguards is done because it serves a political agenda by supporting a certain position...a la Dr Fauci and allegations against him to support "fabricated science" positions being used many in their own individual calculus of truth

Dr Fauci could have answered the questions asked about Covid by saying " How do I know how serious Covid is. I'm just a doctor, not a politician", but he didn't. He stuck to science and what he knew from his team, except that over and over his statements were at odds with people making odd statements that really should have turned their pants into public spectacles.

The calculus extends to Mo Brooks whose just released January 6th defence includes having to be seen as a loyal Trump supporter in order to get desired government contracts and businesses directed into his consituency ...so he was on congressional business while actively participating in the January 6th 2021 errr event

And where is Pinnocchio when you need him?

Speaking of...., media got bashed unabashedly by Mr Big of Big Lies Inc ....deservedly so light of its competition for eyeballs to sell advertising to....and promptly set himself up as arbiter of truth

In the internet age and the low cost video production age many many different points of view become just another point of view that needs to find a sustainable audience...which it then milks a la Alex Jones, or Mr Big of Big Lies who also runs Big Lie Inc, The Big Grift, and an "I could not have lost could I?" superpac or two

Not saying there are no Tribunes of The Plebs....Inviolate promoters of the interests of the ordinary man to counterbalance the weight of government and economic elites...as envisioned @500BC which became an important Roman office for centuries before being merged into the position of Emperor

Media has the privilege of championing and speaking truth to power wielding free speech and legal protection of sources as a defense against that power. Today there is no more "Most Trusted Man in America", there is only some that are let's say more reputable than others and many are like Tony the tiger shilling frosted flakes. The rest are with Pinnocchio and Peter Pan in Neverland where fantasies come true and noses have infinite limits

Apart from the best efforts of science and a responsible media working to counter agendized positions and get their best version of truth about Covid out, the real and only important impact of Covid is in how it meets up with you.

While speculative and second hand experience is where you are, you have the luxury of debate and will continue to rely on those sources of news you favour...that one promoting just another point of view, except this is one that resonates strongly with your core

From this base there are lots of other places that can be searched out with similar opinions and supportive stories leading many people to be well Googled and questionably informed

Here your only life guard is you.

If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

My Youtube Channel <<<>>> iAccountant
#1179268 - 08/05/21 03:11 PM Re: Lifeguards & Gene Pools [Re: John Voorpostel]  
Fdemetrio Offline
Top 100 Poster
Fdemetrio  Offline
Top 100 Poster

/forum/forumhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.jpfolks.com%2Fforum%2Fubbthreads.php%2Ftopics%2F1179268%2Flifeguards-gene-pools.html